Pooch Test Please!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Realfoodmama, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    My Nubian is driving me crazy. She has silent heats so I had to take her to the breeders twice since I miscalculated the first time. She was hand bred the second time (pen bred the first...probably never stood) and it was confirmed she stood for the buck. This was November 19th.

Since then, she had a thick yellow-white discharge for a few months. This week I noticed the discharge was clear...like she is in heat! :hair: This hasn't happened since her breeding so I am wondering what the heck is going on.

Sorry I don't have a before pic...and these aren't great shots. Her tail is in the way in most of the pics so this is the best I can do without lifting it out of the way:

[​IMG]

2. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    She doesn't really look bred to me. And a thick, white/yellowish discharge is a good indication of heat itself, not clear discharge. Have you felt for kid movement? I can usually feel kids at three months bred, although sometimes I have to be very patient and the movement is slight.

3. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    The thing is she had thick yellowish discharge constantly...not just intermittently since the breeding.

I have tried to feel for kids, but really have no idea what I am doing so I can't tell if I've felt anything :shrug:

4. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Anyone else want to weigh in?

5. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    I am new to this, But she doesn't really look bred to me either, judging by my own experiences with my goats as comparisons her pooch area doesn't have the bred puffy/pushed out look.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She'd be working on 4 months....and she doesn't look poofy enough to me...I believe she isn't preggo... I am sorry.... :( She also should have udder development going on.... is there anything? :hug:

With Pooch tests ..they like the tail up.... :wink:

7. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Yeah, I don't think she is bred either I was just hoping I was wrong :laugh:

She isn't a FF so the udder development isn't really something I've been looking at. The breeder has offered me a doe in milk if my girl doesn't kid in a month, so I am less worried than I used to be. It would be great to have kids but if she isn't I will still have a doe in milk and can try breeding her again in the fall :)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Looks like....the breeder is giving you a goat in milk..... :thumb: :wink: