Pooch test - pregnant?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Goat_Scout, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    I need to put our big ol' buck up for sale soon, but I can't (don't want to) until all of the does that need to be are bred.
    Matilda, who kidded for the first time in May, is among the last two. Four other does were confirmed bred, one brat is just not getting bred, and I am waiting to hear back from someone if they want the last one - she may or may not be bred, but if I'm selling her I don't need to worry about that.

The last time I saw any signs of heat from Matilda was in late August, when most of my other does were in heat. She had a little bit of white discharge and was obviously interested in the buck until I put them together, when she would run away from him. He was very interested in her and chased her around blubbering. I left them together all day and night, but I never saw him mount her at a standstill.
    I've had that same problem with a couple of my other does (one of them being an FF so I understand, but the other was a seasoned doe), although after about 30 minutes of constant chasing (on the buck's part) they calmed down enough to let him mount them. With Matilda I wasn't out there long enough to see if this happened.

I don't have a before picture, but I took this one yesterday. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    If she is bred, I would say that she is 2.5 months along - because as I said I just haven't seen her cycle since August, and my bucks go crazy when a doe is in heat so I would have noticed. She seems to be getting deeper and rounder in the belly, something I am now noticing in all of my other pregnant does.

3. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    NC
    I'm guessing she's bred.

Goat_Scout likes this.