The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, back after a long break, I missed talking with everyone here! I had kids (the human kind) on my mind as my 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old keep me busy.
First Is DEXY... I didn't mean to breed her, and didn't think she would go into heat (her mom is Alpine) so quickly since alpines are seasonal breeders but I guess she inherited the boer half of that gene since I am 90% sure she is bred.
Thank you all so much for your time and help with all of this!

Then there is Vanilli ... she is the one that ignored her grain to go visit the buck, so she was definitely in heat but I am wondering if she "took" ?
BEFORE:

AFTER

AND FINALLY my problem child Millie. She either got pregnant and aborted last year or did not take at all after living with the buck for several months. Here is her before and after.
BEFORE:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

AFTER

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Pooch test pretty please!

dexy would be around 3 months, vanilli 2 1/2months and Millie not sure, since she seemed to take 2 months ago but I had her living with the buck for a while since she has been my problem child. She was with him for about the last 2 months and didn't seem to go into heat again.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

vanillie - pooch says yes
Dexy i say yes but with no before its hard.
Millie - not sure - would do better with a picture with her tail up

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you Stacey. Millie is our camera shy (as well as problem child) goat and she doesn't hang out with her tail up in the air like the others do. I do know there has been a big change in Dexy from before but that could have been just maturing. I don't have a before pic for dexy because I didn't expect to have her bred this soon...grrrr goats have minds of their own! I will hang out in the barn with my camera ready some tomorrow and see if I can get a better pic of Millie.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

you will knowin about 2 weeks if Dexy is preggy or not -- that udder will change in size - if not then it will stay the same and its just maturing mammary tissue

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here is the updated pic of Millie... she is kinda holding her tail up (at least as good as I can catch) Ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts