Pooch Test - Seven - NEW PICS

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Epona142, May 19, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Now here's a good one. This is the Nubian doe I brought home ...oh a couple months back? Noticed today she has a handful of udder.

:scratch:

The previous owner says she was not supposed to be around the bucks.

Sorry for the poor quality, this one is impossible to get behind, she has to be touched and loved on at all times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think? Mayhap just growing a bit of an udder? She's quite thin and slat-sided as you can see, no baby bump haha. Can't feel any kids either.

Edited to add new pics, hope these work better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Pooch Test - Seven

I'm sorry I can not tell with those pictures. Maybe someone else can tell.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I can't tell either... the area under the tail is too shadowed. I do see the udder though!

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

I'll have a go at getting better pics later when I feed them, so maybe she'll stand still! Sorry about that

5. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

I cropped the picture so just the pooch would show and lightened it up so it would show better.
    Andi

6. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

ABOUT THAT UDDER...my doe who is three years old, never freshened suddenly has an udder I can see, sorta like that...is that a sign she is bred? When does that start on a pregnant goat? If she has never freshened then should it be pretty tight (if not bred of course)? I've been meaning to ask that lately....she was with a buck about 28 days ago but also a month before that...I need to get a pooch pic but don't think it will shed any light at this point....she has been a difficult one to tell if truly in heat as she acts strangely sometimes... :ponder:

7. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Bump for new pictures. :greengrin:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOL...MUCH better :thumbup: and yes, her pooch looks like a preggy girls to me!

9. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    That's so strange, because the previous owner does a GREAT job of keeping bucks and does separate. I really can't feel any kids, but I'll pop her onto the milk stand tomorrow and have a closer feel.

Guess I'll just keep an eye on her and see what happens. I have a breeding lined up for her at the end of the year, but that's okay I suppose. There's always next year. She could only have bred with another purebred Nubian, or a Nigerian, so it's not a huge problem if she IS bred.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    she has the "relaxed" look under her tail and her anus isn't tucked up.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    some does just start developing mammary tissue as they mature -- my yearling has a little "udder" now but she isnt bred.

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm thinking that's probably what's going on here. Silly goat.