pooch test ?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nhsmallfarmer, Nov 26, 2008.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    how soon after a doe is bred can u tell if she took. 2 of my does got pretty friendly with the buck, i saw him get one of them, and the other doe I saw stuff on her. I noted the dates and counted 21 days, that time has come and gone they havent come back into heat so would you say they took? the last doe I have i havent seen come into heat yet unless i missed it as the buck is runnign with my does so that is why i asking how soon can it be seen by a pooch test
    thanks

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    2-3 months is when I can usualy tell. If you want to post pictures now we can give our oppions. At this point I usually say it is a 50/50 chance (others are better then I am though).

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow stacey.......I thought you were the best :sun:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thanks for the complement ---- but I am by far not the one to go by when it come to the pooch test.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome stacey ...that really surprises me ......who can be better at the pooch test than you..... :) LOL :)

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    When you "know" your does, it's easier to see the difference in the pooch....I know my 2 girls are bred, and I can tell a difference with the way they look....not very good with other peoples does though...but I'm sure someone can tell you if you post a pic.