Pooch test...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by jglfainters, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jglfainters

jglfainters New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Nevada
    Sorry, I know these get posted a lot, but I'm through most of my kidding season. I have 3 does left that are bred. 2 are obviously pregnant, but the 3rd I'm not sure about. In 2009, she had a difficult kidding. Pulled a deformed/mummified kid that was blocking the exit, and then a small but normal kid that died in utero because we couldn't get the mummified kid out fast. Anyway, she was put in with the buck on her heat cycle on October 30 and then kept with the buck for a month after that. I really want to be prepared (I will anyway) for her kidding. Thanks for any help!

I felt her udder today and her nipples are not flat against her belly. She has a small bump of a bag? I don't have any before pooch pictures. Here are pictures from today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a picture of her from the front
    [​IMG]

2. jglfainters

jglfainters New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Nevada
    Okay, well I got my husband to help hold her today so I could get a good feel of her belly. After about 5 minutes I think I felt 2 good bumps against my hand. So, I'm 95% sure she is pregant, lol. Part of me wonders if after 5 minutes I hallucinated the bumps.

Anyway, just wanted to update, but feel free to comment on the pictures if you have any feedback anyway. She doesn't look very swollen to me. She should be due March 28th

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yep ....she looks Preggo.... If she is a FF ....and getting and udder....it should be 1 to 1 month and a 1/2 to go to kid.... :wink:

4. jglfainters

jglfainters New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Nevada
    So, I just checked on everyone today. I noticed Fira had some hay stuck to her backside. The discharge was really stuck to her, but it was orangeish in color? Not really red and not really brown. I'm wondering if I should be worried with that strange color?