The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Good Morning! I am brand new to Goat Spot and I need some help! We had a friend that lost his wife, who owned goats and showed them, and he couldn't bear to look after them anymore because of the constant memories. We always loved them, so we took some and decided to start our little herd. I have a female, not sure yet if she is a cross, but we believe maybe pygmy and Nigerian. She was supposedly bred and the vet checked her just before we picked her up and said she was carrying twins and if we use the calculations he had , she should be about 20 days out. Doesn't look really big like our pygmys do that are preggers, but someone told me about the pooch test and I wanted to post a pic and see if anyone could help us figure out. I know that's not completely confirmatory- but she is rather long and larger than our pygmys and does this look like a possibility to you? This just started appearing this way two days ago. Thanks and so glad to be here!

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
Pics aren't super clear but look like tip is stretched down. My opinion preg. When was she exposed?

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately do not remember the exact date, but when I picked her up the man I bought her from as well as the vet who was there that day said she was pregnant with twins and that she was about 105 days out and should kid in about 45 days. That was the 6th I believe which should give her about 29 days to go. :rolleyes:

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics of her

I stand corrected. Here are some pics of her. Probably not helpful because they are mostly showing her left side rather than her right. But someone just corrected me. The day they told us she had about 45 days to go was July 23, so that would mean she would only have about 15 or so days to go. I think she is a Nigerian although I don't know if she is pure Nigerian or not. He also has pygmy's and pygmy/nigerian crosses.

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
Did they have her ultrasounded to secure the premonition of twins??

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I don't know why the vet said that because all I saw was a palpation, but he did say twins. I am planning to take her to our vet out here Monday to have her ultra sounded- so I guess we will see what we have then. She is acting a little different the last two days. We have a little 7 month old buck that is in the pen next to her and she has two 9 week old doelings in with her. The last two days she has been super affectionate with the doelings, and really downright ugly to the little buck next door, so I am wondering if this is just normal behavior with her pregnancy or it is a sign that we are getting close? Thanks

·
2,203 Posts
No, I don't know why the vet said that because all I saw was a palpation, but he did say twins. I am planning to take her to our vet out here Monday to have her ultra sounded- so I guess we will see what we have then. She is acting a little different the last two days. We have a little 7 month old buck that is in the pen next to her and she has two 9 week old doelings in with her. The last two days she has been super affectionate with the doelings, and really downright ugly to the little buck next door, so I am wondering if this is just normal behavior with her pregnancy or it is a sign that we are getting close? Thanks
Pregnant momma problems. Lol

He palpated the doe?? That's unheard of in this area.

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't familiar with his vet, but I know he had been taking care of this guy's goats for many years. Guess we will find out soon enough!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts