The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! That's what I thought. Now another question - do the pooches smooth out (not pucker up) the day they are bred or does it smooth out after a month or two? Because they were running with bucks, I'm just wondering if Sadie's sister is for sure not bred or may show signs later.

2,180 Posts
Thanks! That's what I thought. Now another question - do the pooches smooth out (not pucker up) the day they are bred or does it smooth out after a month or two? Because they were running with bucks, I'm just wondering if Sadie's sister is for sure not bred or may show signs later.
They swell and look preg for roughly a week after heat. You really need to wait until 1-2 months to do the "pooch test"

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! Then her sister could still possibly be in the really early stages of pregnancy since I just got her a couple weeks ago. We have all girls so there's no chance of getting preggers here.

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: the goat has not had any babies. She still could be preggers. She feels like she might have a very small bag but she isn't very big. She's a FF so it may just be that she's not going to bag up until right before she delivers. Or it might be that she wasn't as pregnant as the previous owner said (he told me at the end of October she was 1-2 months along and then said he wasn't sure at all how far along). She could be due as late as March since she was running with bucks the day I got her. I have only girls so march would be the latest due date.
Her sister did end up being preggers and has started bagging up. She is not big at all! So I'm guessing she has one baby. I have felt movement in her. No movement has yet been felt in the other goat. But like I said before, it may just be too early. Anyway, I just wanted to update. I'll update again as things progress. And if there is no pregnancy for Sadie, I'll post that too.

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update to my update! The goat is preggers. Her bag is as big as the other pregnant goat I have. But I can't feel babies moving. So hopefully everything will be okay. I'll continue to update as needed.

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay today I went out and took a gross discharge pic. I've already posted it on my a different post but I'll put it here too for the newbies that may come along to see this post. The discharge is supposed to be normal and it's actually a yellowish brown, not dark like that. But when I went back out to check on her it was more clear and less of it.

Attachments

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There has been no more discharge and she has a little bit bigger udder on her. But she's not quite as filled out in the udder as her sister. Her sister had the pregnant looking pooch later than Sadie but now she's got more udder than Sadie. Goats are quite hard to figure out! I'd take a pic of Sadie's backside but she won't be still! LOL!

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, today I took a pic of my goat's backside. It's not the best photo because she won't let me close enough to get a good shot. But the black part is her udder. Her sister has a sort of balloon shaped udder, while this goat has an udder that's more flat on the bottom. Not sure why that is but I'm keeping a semi-diary of this so thought I'd include that tidbit.

Attachments

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sadie's stomach is lower this week and her ligaments are hard to find. I found them but they were sunken and springy. Her udder is big. She had a little bit of dried discharge on her but it was very little. Her tail is pointing at a right angle like she's pointing to the right with it. Does any of this mean anything?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.