The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 month old nubian doe that I think might be pregnant. I put her in with the buck for pretty much the entire month of september and I never saw her come into heat or seen the buck on her but now it is early december and she is the only doe that I haven't seen come into heat yet this year. I took pictures of her pooch about a month ago, and I just went out and took some more for comparison. I'm still pretty new to this so I was hoping for some other opinions, but I think from what I can tell she might be pregnant.
First two pictures are from about a month ago.
Last two are from this morning. Please let me know what you think.

Primate Vertebrate Liver Mammal Organism

Horse Working animal Plant Liver Grass

Dog breed Terrestrial animal Tail Sporting Group Fur

Dog breed Carnivore Felidae Fawn Whiskers

Attachments

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
I can't tell from the photos but she still has two more months to go. I would definitely assume she is pregnant if she was with him for the whole month of September. Make sure her CD/T vaccine gets done in to protect the kids. Also make sure she gets selenium/vit E supplement (BOSE).

Most first timers will begin filling their udder about 1 month before kidding so I would watch beginning of January to see when she starts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't tell from the photos but she still has two more months to go. I would definitely assume she is pregnant if she was with him for the whole month of September. Make sure her CD/T vaccine gets done in to protect the kids. Also make sure she gets selenium/vit E supplement (BOSE). Most first timers will begin filling their udder about 1 month before kidding so I would watch beginning of January to see when she starts.
Where can I get a CD/T vaccine and BOSE??

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
You have a few options - if you are comfortable giving subqutaneous injections yourself you can purchased the syringes, needles (3/4", 20 gauge are my preference), and the CD/T and BOSE vaccinations from an online supplier (valley vet, Jeffers livestock, etc.). You can also probably get everything except the BOSE at Tractor Supply or similar store local to you.

Otherwise, you could find a local livestock/large animal veterinarian and have them come do it.

I do use a Selenium Vitamin E (BOSE) oral gel instead of the vaccine sometimes but other people say it is not as effective.

Does the doe have free-choice hay available? How about loose goat mineral?

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts