Pooch tests please!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by TexasRanger, Nov 10, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    These are two of my does, Snickers, (buckskin) and Bunny (cream w/purple color). This is Snicker's second time and Buny is a maiden doe. Bunny wouldn't hold still, so I got the best pics I could get.
    Snicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bun Bun
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I would say that buny is bred, I see udder develpoment :)

3. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    probably both by the looks, any idea when they would be due?

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Snickers pic is a bit too close so I can't tell for sure but Bunny being a FF and that udder development likely has just a month to go, maybe even 2 weeks.

5. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Not really. :oops: We "pasture breed", when the does are old enough they go into the pasture with the bucks, after they kid they get a "vacation" from the Playboy Mansion. Almost everyone in our area does this and it seems to work. When the does show signs of being preggo (belly,pooch,udder) we remove them from the pen and they get to stay in the "maternity ward" that is my backyard (I can just look out a window and see how everyone is doing.).
    Sorry about the closeness. I just got this camera ($60 point and click digital) and the pics aren't as good as with my old one ($100 gift with everything but the kitchen sink). Her mother never gave "warning signs" (not much udder growth, no "string", behavior stayed the same, etc.) before kidding.