Pooch Tests **Update**

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Goat Crazy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    First up is helga I am pretty sure she's bred(2months along), but it doesn't hurt to do a pooch test check :wink:

Next is Izadar, she is either 2 months or only one along, she did the 5 day heat thing. If she looks bred then I gues she took by the first date.

Last is Rosebud, I don't have a before picture of her....She looks like she could be 2+ months along or she's in heat and she didn't take the last time she was bred. The last time I bred her I didn't think she was in heat, but the Buck jump on her before I could even react! She apparently had been teasing them for all morning :lovey: (she's my escape artist).

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Pooch Tests

I think you can expect to see kids from each of them.

3. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

Yay! :stars:
    Its a good thing Rosebuds a FF, because I have no idea when she was bred. I'll have an idea of when her due date is by udder development.
    Has anybody notice that mini FF goats develop their udder almost exactly 2 months before kidding? One of my FF does I noticed udder development on the 16th and she kidded on the 16th 2months later. She wasn't the first one that did that either.......

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

It is odd that FF develop udders exactly 8 weeks before...Bailey was a FF last year and her little fluff was there and steadily grew til the day she delivered. I'm anxious to see my FF this time...Penny has some awesome milking lines in her and her sister from a previous litter had a wonderful FF udder.

5. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Well, they all are definitely bred:) Rosebud ended up coming back in heat, but I am pretty sure she is bred now.
    This is my last doe and after taking pictures I am pretty sure she is bred. Which is great, I got her after one try and she is so hard to tell when she is in heat. Just like her mom, One 10 min. visit to the buck is all she needs :wink: :eek:hlala: :lovey:

Oh and her size never changes she may get a little deeper but thats it.

Attached Files: