pooch tests

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by minibarn, Aug 26, 2010.

1. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    i have 2 does i need your opinions on.
    the light color doe, lily, should be about 2 1/2 months along. i saw her get bred at least 3 times. she has a deep black stomach.
    the grey doe, daisy, is not supposed to be pregnant yet. she had triplets in march and i've been watching for her to go into heat but it doesn't seem to be happening. she's never interested in the buck on the other side of the fence. she acts a little bucky off & on. she's the bossy herd queen. she never got looking slim after kidding last time and i think she's huge now! she also looks dirty stained at her pooch all the time but i've never seen discharge. so i'm wondering if she's already pregnant by the buck thru the fence ( although as much as i watch them, i think i would have seen it) or got preggy by one of the bucklings who were taken out by 8 weeks old. so i'd like to know what you think. :shrug:

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    first one looks like a yes. second one looks wide yes btu ehr pooch says no

3. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    so for the grey doe, is it normal to have such a huge momma-belly? she's 5 yrs old and has had multiple births, only twice with us and i don't remember her being so big after last time. she gets mostly hay & pasture with just a little grain each day so i don't think she's overeating. :shrug: and what about the constant brown stain on her pooch, i appreciate any opinions. thanks. :chin:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Some does look like they did after their first pregnancy as they get older but others will tend to lose belly ligaments and look as though they are preggy when they aren't...my Bootsie has a wide belly and hasn't kidded since 08, she's 10 years old now.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    brown stain looks like pee drip :shrug:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats what it looks like to me as well, Boots has that same colored stain on her backside as well as on the long hairs on the back of her now deflated udder.

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Agree with Liz and Stacey. ;)