Poochie question (no pictures, yet)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WarPony, Nov 10, 2010.

1. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    How soon after they may have been bred can talented poochie folks tell if a doe is bred? I got before pictures in august so i will have those to compare them to.

I'm kind of confused. My does have never shown signs of heat. Parsley started to get bucky in August and was stinky and rutty all through September and the first half of October and now he is just back to being his normal non-rutty self. NONE of the girls were ever obviously in heat but in late September Parsley was REALLY showing off for them and stuffing his face in their bums. They allowed that but never acted receptive to his more serious attentions.

They are out together all the time but I am out there twice a day at least and aside from one day in late September when Sage had a slightly orange/brown discharge nothing on their poochies has looked different or shown any signs of romance. No tail wagging or increased interest in the buck or anything. So according to when Parsley was acting like they smelled the best and when Sage had some discharge we should be between one and one a half months... is that long enough to be able to tell anything?

I'm hoping they were just shy and did their dates at night while I was sleeping or something.

Next year my bucks will have their own pen and not be in with the girls, I just have no one to keep my only boy company right now, he will be in his own pen with a friend by the time we have babies and milk, assuming he got the job done.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    2 months past breeding I can usually tell especially with before pictures :thumb:

3. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    awesome! I won't submit them to the indignity of poochie pictures this hoof trim, then, I will wait until the next one, hehe.