Pookey Had Twin Does

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by marie_martin, Mar 3, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ooo I love the blue eyes and wattles! My does due in June have been bred to a Blue eyed buck so I am hoping for some blue eyes lol.

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Thanks, I do too.

What color do you think these girls are? I have to know what to put on the registration forms. These are my first registered babies born here.

Thanks so much.

Marie

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh my they are both SOOOO cute! Congrats.

4. jBlaze

jBlaze Guest

Oct 9, 2007
    Cute babies. odd color, have no idea wha tyou would call that. :)
    Congrats!

5. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    Gold and Black buckskins with roaning and frosting.

=)

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Well, the one that looks gold is not. It is really brown there with alot of roaning diluting it making it appear tan. Not sure if that is the same thing as gold or not. But they both have a lot of roaning and a chocolate base. From what I understand anyway. I think the black will lighten up to chocolate the way my doe Ariel did. She was black at birth and is chocolate now but does not have roaning. But these girls dad is dark with some black and some chocolate and roaning but the mom put lots of white in there. So they are a mixture for sure.

Thanks for all suggestions. I really appreciate it.

marie

7. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    Either way, they are both Buckskins, and have roaning. That's the only sure thing. xD

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    they are cuuuuuuuteeeeeeeeee!! :stars: Congrats!!

I'm sure Ashely(Sweet Gum Minis) could tell you their color for sure, she's really good at that :wink:

9. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    I have emailed her but she must be really busy with all the new babies. She has not responded. I will let you know what I find out. They have a bit of everything don't they. Thanks.

Marie

PS. Here is one more that was cute of my little girl (6 yrs) holding one of the babies.

Attached Files:

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Great photos and Congratulations!!! I am so glad Pookey came through for you and gave you two absolutely gorgeous blue-eyed doelings!!!!

They're precious! I love that last pic of your daughter and one of the doelings! Oh and LOVE the moonspots too!!

11. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Way to go Pookey! 2 does! Congrats! :girl: :girl: :stars: They are adorable!

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What pretty girls they are!! Congratulations!

13. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Thanks you guys are the greatest. I love the moon spots too. Those came from Pookey. All the color came from Silver I guess. So according to ashley and a couple others, these girls are both buckskins. Not a very glamorous name for such beauties right? But, does not change that they are so sweet and beautiful. My hubby is head over hills. It is pitiful. Here are some names we are thinking about.

March/Spring related names:
    Down South Minis Windy
    Sunny
    Rain
    Storm
    Breeze
    Spring
    Petal
    Or using my kids names/initials (Adrian and Victoria)
    America
    Victory