The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new goat since March 17th. She's a 2 years old Nigerian doe that seems pretty healthy. She's been tested for the usual hard dishes with negative results. I've sent off a fecal sample to my vet and are waiting for results.

Her berries looks different than my other two goats that are Nigerian yearlings. Ever since she came her poop has been a lighter color. It has become a bit clumpy since she arrived, and I'm giving her probiotics and the clumps seems to become less every day. The berries are not round, they look more elongated.

I'm curious about what the color and shape of the berries could tell me in this case?

Photo:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jQLzRSLoKAPFkHzv5

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fecal came back totally free of parasites, and I keep the probiotics coming. Still working on getting some B Complex. Still lumps in poop, but seems happy in general. How long can it take for a goat to acclimatize?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Seems as if you are doing a great job. How long does it take for us humans to acclimatize? I think it depends on many factors, impossible to say for sure. But one factor I am sure you are working hard with, is that she feels welcome, secure and loved! The probiotics can never be wrong.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Goats are like people. Some adjust to changes within a day. I leased a buck like that. It was AMAZING how relaxed and "at home" he was. He just rolled with the changes and loved life! Others can take a month or more before they feel secure and relaxed.

Hopefully, she'll settle in quickly!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts