Poop! So much POOP!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Jun 26, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    :hair: how can that goat poop SO MUCH???????????

Harmony, Whisper and Demi have separate pens. This is partly because of the set up, partly because they fight (well H & D dont, but D has babies). Therefore I can see who poops the most... :greengrin:

DEMI is by a long shot the winner. J & M are not in with her at night time so they are obviously not the culprits here. But every night the pens are re-strawed - and every morning W & H's pens are relatively clean and Demi's is FILTHY and she has poop on her udder and her belly and her legs and and and and I hate her! well... hate is relative I guess... it's a kind of love-hate relationship where Demi is concerned!

It could be because her poo is more solid than the others - she has been wormed etc but her poo is still all clumped together - could this be because she gets fed more than the other goats?

LW

PS smelly poopy D =]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you may want to try cutting back her feed a bit to see if that is the culprit. Sometimes their bodies cant handle a lot of food at once.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Stacey... try to decrease her feed.... :wink:

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Thats what I had to do :thumb:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yep...decrease her grain and maybe even limit her browse time :wink:

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    ok... I just don't want her milk production to drop either =] she is feeding the twins plus giving us about 4 litres a day!

LW

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It shouldn't drop her production, if anything do it a little at a time, she'll likely drop a few pounds before she drops her milk :greengrin: