The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
Im thinking worms as well..a fecal would be good...

is she acting well other wise?

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
it could also be something she ate...check her poo today and see if there are still mucus. I see mucus from time to time hee but not quite like what you showed...more stringy..I watch to see if it clears up..check worm issues and so forth..usually clears up on its own...sometimes worms were the problem..;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so the mucous doe had 1 strongyle egg per hpf. My other doe had about 8/hpf. They looked like strongyles but also hooks in dogs? What should I treat with?

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
I would choose Valbazen is they are unbred...1 cc per 10# orally...

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
If your goats are bred..then yes I would go that route, but Valbazen is a better wormer IMO...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I agree. Valbazen is better than safeguard, Unless the does are bred. If they are bred use safeguard at 1cc per 7lbs

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
you get a better coverage ...its well worth it :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is tonight. The same goat that has 1 strongyle egg! The white is from her butt not vulva. But you can also see clearer mucous too

Attachments

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
could be she ate something that is working its way through the system...if she is doing well other wise, has a good temp, eating drinking pooping berries ect...I would keep an eye on her the next few days but not worry too much unless things change for her..

Also worms shed eggs in cycles...so I would recheck her poop in 3-5 days..see if anything changes...could be her fecal sample was between cycles..
Check her for anemia as well..

best wishes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts