Poor babies

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jun 14, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Having a struggle getting the new capretto babies onto bottles, since they were 2 - 3 wks on mum. I didnt get them early enough

Had them for about 32 hrs now, still not accepting bottle very well

They didnt drink this AM now I have decided to leave them to get really really hungry. SO of course the poor tackers are screaming their heads off

2. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Have you tried tube feeding them? I myself would be scared to, but if I had someone experienced help me I would feel confident enough. Or are they too old to?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh man ....they are little boogers :( .... I wish you luck... and will pray... that they take it..... :hug: :pray:

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I could tube them if I wanted but that would kinda defeat the purpose, since I'm trying to graft them onto bottles

If I cant get them drinking in another day I'll turn them back out with their mums

I think part of the problem is I was away yesterday and mum fed them, but she fed them every two hours, got a small amount of milk squuezed into them each time, so they werent all that hungry really

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Keeping them a little hungry is OK .....sounds like your mum... has at least gotten some into them so ....they are not totally starving.....yes ...I agree that tube feeding does defeat the purpose , but it was a great idea....if they haven't eaten ...for a very long period of time ..... it is good that ...you have the option to put them back on there mum...if need be.. :wink: ....Good luck keren.... :pray: :hug:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Aw, how are they doing? :hug:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Keren, How are they doing?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Ditto....how are they keren.... :hug:

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I ended up putting them on a doe last night. I was able to source a young kid yesterday and place orders for 6 - 10 kids with two other suppliers that should have them born in the next 2 - 3 days. So with those available I figured it wasnt worth my time fiddling with these two.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sounds like.... it'll all work out.....that is good...... :hug: :greengrin: