The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting outside on the lawn, when all of a sudden on of my goats came bombing out of the black berry bramble. She jumped up on the spool and was rubbing her nose and lips on the egdes. Then she lept off and kept running around rubbing her lips on everything. She came running over to me like "Mom, what got me?!?!" Then she went and plopped down in their little dirt hole the dug out and was just rolling, poor thing didn't know what to do with herself! Finally she calmed down and we could see her lip swelling up. Now it's about a half our later, and her poor lip is huge! Doesn't seem to be bothering her too much, she is acting fine and eating still. Just going to keep an eye on it and I will get a picture of her real quick so you can see.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swelling is much much better today, almost gone :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Glad she's doing better.

Another home remedy that works AMAZING on humans and animals is plantian. You can find it in almost any yard, grass or field around here...not sure if you all have it where you live. Just pick up a clean piece, chew it up to make a poltice and hold it on the sting for a few minutes. You can also tape it there if it's in an appropriate area of the body. Obviously you wouldn't of been able to tape it to her lips. lol. But really, it works great for bee, wasp and hornet stings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts