Poor little songbird...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Dreamchaser, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I woke up one morning to hear a screaming in my chicken pen, so I rushed out there to find my chickens attacking a scarlet tanger. He was so beautiful. I scooped him up and rescued him, but he could not fly. For several days I kept him in a large cage with fresh water, seed, and I would even chop up frozen berries for him to eat. Well, yesterday, he broke his neck in the cage. I don't know how it happened.

This is the only picture I had of him, very bad picture.

[​IMG]

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Aww..he was beautiful! But you kept him for two weeks I'd say thats remarkable considering the chicken attack!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ...you lost your little songbird.. :( .he...was so beautiful......:hug:

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    poor little guy :(

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I think he was trying to reach a dried up berry in the bottom of his cage through the bars. I hadn't yet cut up a fresh batch for him that morning. He was always losing his berries! I think he must have gotten his beak stuck and broke his neck trying to pull it out. Poor fellow, he was doing so well too. We would try every couple of days to release him, and he was almost there!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    so sad.....I am so sorry........... :hug: :(

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    AW! :( That's too bad...:( :tears:

:hug: