The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Proud goat momma
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my black lamancha that i recently got had some curly red hair. Underneath that gorgeous shiny black hair was coming in. I figured I'd grab my clippers and clip off the long red hairs and make her bee-u-tiful......I know I put my clippers away with the attachment on. So why check before starting????exactly! The first pass with the clippers left a perfectly long clean smooth BALD PATCH!! Oh it was only a foot long....i can "blend" that in...yeah ...can u say epic fail? The poor girl is basically naked...and dull and dusty looking. I know she is being laughed at by her peers as I write this.
After I got half her first side done I couldn't stop giggling and shaking my head...lesson learned....probably not. Maybe she will forgive me by tonight...if not surely by winter when I'm fluffing her goat coat twice a day!?!

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
LOL..Poor Midnight lol...When I got my new clippers...it was bad...looked like someone took the weed eater to my girls!!! Thank God the hair grows back....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
:ROFL: She is TICKED at you. What a face. You might want to sleep with one eye open.

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
LOL..WASA crackers..and hurry...they love them and it will help her forgive you LOL

·
8,163 Posts
Wait, you mean they are NOT supposed to look like that clipped? :confused: Uh-oh! I clipped a doe a few weeks ago! Bathed her, new blades, the whole nine yards. I neglected to look at which adjustable blade I'd put on the clippers! I did the legs, then the udder- nice close clip, belly and started on the side- they are adjustable blades- Yikes- I hit the lever for 30! Agghh! Poor doe, she is pretty bald. Even, but bald. :rolleyes: And she is supposed to be shown next Sat. (10 days). Just our county fair, open show.
I hope her hair grows fast!

·
1,524 Posts
I've lucked out with clipping the goats, but boy, did I mess up my Futurity filly many years ago. She was a gorgeous black filly with a few Appaloosa roan flecks. I needed her baby hair clipped for the show (triple pointed halter classes and furturities). Well, I got the wrong blade and did to her what you did to Midnight! Less than a week before the show.

She was still pretty nekked when we went to the show, poor girl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts