Poor thing

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Feb 1, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Goat needing rescue I just got emailed pics of

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This sort of thing gets me really :angry: :veryangry: :(

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh that is very sad. Do you know anyone who can take her?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my GOSH! Is there anywhere you can put her til you can find a home for her? Poor baby girl!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so sad... :( ..poor baby.. :(

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I will most likely make the trip down to get her, as soon as humberto (my ute) is put together again. The mechanic is having problems finding parts ... :roll:

Apparently this old girl was at some point registered. I havent yet been able to trace her rego number but that will make her easier to rehome, if I dont decide to keep her. Havent found out her age yet, either but by the looks of her I'm guessing she's not a young goat. But boy, it makes me mad when people take quality registered stock and turn them into bags of bones on a tether ...

If you can believe it, Maddie looked worse than this (thinner) when I rescued her. Similar story.

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are a good person keren.....thank god.... for people like you........ :hug: :pray:

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

The sad fate of way too many animals these days. Though i have seen worse. I think there is hope for her, she is thin but her feet and pasturns look to be in good shape, her coats looks pretty good to, you might be surprised to find that she is actually younger then she looks. i think with a couple of wormings and some good food she will come around.
    Keep us posted!
    beth

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am with Beth on the doe.

I cant wait to watch her progress under your care.

9. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I am so glad she found YOU!! It always blows me away that people will actually see an animal like this and walk away. this didn't happen overnight, it took some time. Any way of finding out who did this to her and string them up?? And I too would love to hear of her progress, maybe she is tatooed..

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I know who did it, and it is more out of ignorance than anything. I have no interest in pursuing cruelty cases, I just like to resuce, rehabilitate and rehome the animals involved. I will keep you guys updated

11. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    How many animals do you think are involved? Hopefully only 2.

12. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    as far as I know there is only this goat and her buck kid.

I know the owner has some sheep but I dont know what condition they are in. I try to stick to goat rescue because a) its what I know and do best and b) rescue goats keep me plenty busy and fill up all my spaces, if I were to take other animals as well I think I'd go mad ... and broke lol

13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I am so glad you found this poor baby. If it had been me, I'd have been stuffing her into the car over hubby's protests! That poor girl. :(

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Keren, It looks like she is going to be ok after you get her. :hug: She looks like she would be a super sweet girl.

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    How far do you have to go to help this poor dear goat? Are they going to expect you to pay for these goats? Let me know if you need help with this...I woke up last night with her picture in my head. Sometimes people just make me insane. :angry: :hair: :GAAH:

16. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Epona, funny you say that. I will be stuffing her in the ute without telling my mother ... :oops:

Di, yes I will be paying for the goats. The owner wants $100 for the pair of them, it will probably cost me $150 in fuel to get her. Expensive yes, but I cant leave them when I see them like this. Maddie was the same, the people were asking $40 for her, it cost me about $250 in petrol to go and get her.

The things we do ... :shrug: :)

17. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Keren, you're a fine and excellent person. :clap:

I hope all goes well with the goat's rescue and recovery. She looks like she'll be a very nice doe with some TLC and lots of good food.

Anna

18. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    There are very few things in this life that make me tear up........... and angry to the point of wanting to hunt down the ignorant twerp & try to make them feel a similar sense of pain & hopelessness....I'll have to settle for thanking you in advance for your time and efforts.

You have my utmost respect for your willingness to accept the challenge of her care and rehabilitation. Do you ever purchase anything off of Jeffers' website? I can't afford to send you actual $ to help with her care, but I do have a gift certificate I'd be happy to transfer to your user id if it would help. there's gotta be some way to do that.

19. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Oh, MissMM thank you so much for the offer, I'm not sure it would work though, because I am in Australia?

I really appreciate the offers of help guys. I do this quite a bit, and you know I am only a uni student, working part time whenever I can, with a lot of goats of my own well it does get difficult to keep up with things ... but here is not the place to whine, is it :wink:

I should post some photos of the other rescue goats I've had ... if you guys get the creaturesall magazine there is a story coming up in there about some rescue angoras I had.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    keren....you are so sweet............. :hug: :hug: