Poouch testing??

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TnLFarm, Jul 6, 2010.

1. TnLFarm

TnLFarm New Member

May 28, 2010
    What is this pouch testing, that i keep seeing on here. How does it work and is it accurate? :ponder:

2. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Pooch testing is when you take a picture of a doe's pooch to determine if she is bred. Yes, it's pretty accurate.

3. TnLFarm

TnLFarm New Member

May 28, 2010
    What do you look for? Can u give me examples so I can do it at home

4. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

The best thing to do is to take a pic of the doe's pooch before she's bred---- and then about two-three months after take another pic and compare them. If the pooch has changed since the first picture (the area around the vulva is velvety looking, droopy, there is a visible change to the anus) then she's 90% of the time (from my own experience) bred. . .

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Great info given..... :thumb: the doe must be at least 2 months along... for the pooch test to be determined correctly.....I love the idea of taking a pic of before and then a few months later...take another..... that will show.... if there are any changes and really easy to determine any change...... it is good... to get to know ... your does.... :wink: :thumb:

6. elchivito

elchivito Active Member

Apr 18, 2010
    You mean it ain't where you have the dog sniff their bee-hinds to see if they're knocked up? Allways works fer us. :)