The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 year old Alpine Poppy is bred to my Boer buck and due to kid February 16 2014.
Do you think she will have bucklings or doelings and what will they look like? Then when she kids we can see who was closest.
I predict she will have one buckling, his ears will be erect like his mama's, and he will be colored more like his mama.

Attachments

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! She is a great milker, she reached 16 lbs. per day at her peak!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'll guess twins. A brown boy with floppy ears and a traditional boer looking girl. I know nothing about goat genetics, so this is purely a shot in the dark. Lol.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
very nice looking girl she is

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, she is a keeper! Katherine you know what is funny? I had a dream that she kidded with a brown buckling with floppy ears!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Knowing poppy, I'd say that she'll have twin bucklings, one with the traditional Boer's white back, but having a very dark brown head and neck, with floppy ears and a silky coat. The other one will be black and brown patched with erect ears and waddles.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
She's a very pretty girl! I think she will have a traditional doeling with airplane ears and waddles, and a solid brown buckling with airplane ears and no waddles. Good luck!

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Knowing poppy, I'd say that she'll have twin bucklings, one with the traditional Boer's white back, but having a very dark brown head and neck, with floppy ears and a silky coat. The other one will be black and brown patched with erect ears and waddles.
That's Poppy for you! All surviving Alpine kids are bucklings until we think that since she has boys all the time they might as well be 1/2 meat goat so we can eat them so she is bred to a Boer, then assured her kids won't be purebreds, what does she do? Delivers a beautiful doeling!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ok as Margaret has forgotten about this page, I will answer. Poppy kidded on Feb. 18th. She had a single buckling named Sequoya at a wooping 11 pounds!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts