The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have Hazel here who should already be bred and due December 12th but she usually pops on day 145 so December 7th is the day I am watching! You can see a little bit of an udder starting to come in there in the front of her udder it might just be fat but I am pretending it's an udder :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
All of the ones pictured look to be in good condition to breed! Do you have pictures of the buck(s) you will be breeding them to?
I have a doe due on December 29th if she took, so far I haven't seen her in heat again, but I'll have to wait a couple more days before knowing for sure. I'm super excited for the upcoming kidding season! :happygoat:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Hazel is pregnant. And today Marigold was bred so in 21 days we will see if she took. I also had Peony bred today I wasn't going to keep her but now I will wait for her to kid then put her in the freezer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone else have those moments when you want to strangle the herd queen for being the herd queen?

Today Marigold and Peony were acting like they were still in standing heats so I put my doelings in their pen and let Oakey out. Well Luna (The herd queen) Decided that Oakey wasn't the dominant buck SHE was. Luna chased Oakey off and "Bred" both Marigold and Peony and they let her. She wouldn't let him anywhere near the girls. So I put Marigold and Peony in the breeding pen with Oakey but they didn't let him breed! So I let Marigold out (because I know she stood for him yesterday and was bred) and she went to Luna and let Luna "Breed" her! Peony ended up standing for Oakey but Marigold Just wanted Luna :confused:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
LOL! I've had my fair share of does not wanting the buck I chose for them. ;):mad:

Reactions: Iluvlilly!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol Luna calmed down a bit after I put Oakey up.

Hazel looks Huge! should I worry that she's laying down a lot? I have never seen her this big not even with her two sets of twins. She is only 2 months bred but she already looks bigger then when she was about to drop twins.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay update time!
It looks like Patty Marigold and Peony took to their breedings. But I don't know about Luna I am waiting to see is she come back into heat.

Okay so I have a question :confused: Do goats have false heats? At 35 days post breeding Luna was in a standing heat Oakey didn't seem to interested but did breed her because she was bugging him. Which I found weird because it's not like her to be all over the buck she has always been quite about her heats.

And I have new pictures of Hazel!
Hazel isn't laying down as much and doesn't look nearly as big as she did a few weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Yes, goats can have false heats, although I'm not sure how common it is. Hazel looks great!

·
Super Moderator
82,572 Posts
Yes it is not uncommon for goats to have a false heat. They can be bred and then come back in 18 to 21 days later, then take. This can be normal.
However, 35 days later?
Something may be going on with her, such as lack of hormones or she has other issues.
Is she getting loose salt and minerals free choice?

A vet may be able to check her and maybe help her become regular again.
Or may find she has worse issues.

Any previous kidding issue?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope she is my best kidder always has them without me there and always has 10-15 pound twins. She was coming into heat regularly every 19-20 days before I bred her then 35 days later she was in heat. She hasn't come back into heat yet and it's been 37 days sens the false heat.

Also if you read above she was very aggressive to the buck and wanted to be the buck and 4 days after that she had the false heat.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hazle is looking very pregnant. I think her belly is starting to drop.
Patty's udder is coming in and I think I felt her babies tiny pea like hooves the other day.
I am not sure if Peony is pregnant her belly is still pretty soft.
Marigold ripped off one of her horn yesterday but her udder is coming in to.
Luna's udder is coming in so I think she took the first time.

And I might have another doe (Toffee) pregnant. I just got her sunday and I didn't know she was running with a buck until I picked her up the people I got her from said they sew the buck interested in her 3 weeks ago so if she's not bred she should come into heat soon. I really don't want her to be bred because she's only 9 months old. She is the last 3 pictures and Hazel is the first 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Hazel looks close! When is her due date?

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 20 of 126 Posts