The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a client with a year old LaMancha and she is holding her leg up with a big welt on the inside. She dangles it from her hip. Puts no weight on it and doesn't move anything below... client doesn't know if it is something genetic as she purchased Harper with the knowledge that she had an issue with a leg, she doesn't know which one and she doesn't plan on breeding her as she is just a companion for Julie (Alpine). She is having a hard time getting ahold of the busy former owner. She had a lot of rescues, all different species and wants to save a vet bill if she can figure this out.
Take a look at the pic I took and maybe someone might see what's going on as well as the description above. My daughter and I did help her separate the two does as Julie may have been the culprit as well as keeping Harper safe and comfortable. I couldn't recommend splinting due to the large bump way up on the inner thigh...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
is the lump hot, hard, soft, fluid? my first thought is infection and makes the let painful to use...get her temp as well..give the leg a good feel...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts