The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buck was sold and needed to be in quarantine a month before being shipped, so may 15- june 1st was my only chance to breed a few does. so i put him in the pasture with 3 does and 3 yearlings. Two does are pregnant the other older doe isnt which i knew it was a very small chance of her conceiving. two yearlings look open but one yearling looks possibly pregnant. they were kind of afraid of the old man :)
so monday i will update this post with some photos and if you give me your guess that would be awesome.
she is rounder then normal and looks a bit off balance like she is pregnant compared to the two open yearlings. but no udder development but its also still early.(due date would be oct 7-oct 24th)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im hoping she isnt since i have no idea on the due date and that worries me, the other two does i know when they were bred so at least i only have a 3 day window. but she is round on both sides and i have never seen her this big before.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone want to take a guess just by these two photos. by the way she is the black and white one...the chocolate buckskin is the only other one that is pregnant in the photo. her 10 year old grandma is on the right of her(in the photo view)her grandma ended up raising her and they are still buddies

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,719 Posts
Hmmm, her right side does look big. I would say she is, but it's hard to tell. Can you get pictures of her back end? Do you have any pictures of her before she was bred?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I believe she is pregnant or has a very large active rumen. Preety sure I felt a little head/foot stick out and move around a bit. I of course felt her digestive system working. So no udder development yet but can feell kid. What do you all think on due dates?7-24 of October is the only dates possible give or take a few days of course.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,719 Posts
Yep, I agree. I do think she looks perggo though, just too hard to guess when. 😉

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think they look about the same in the udder department. But the buckskin doesn’t look wide like the blk and white.the black yearling does not look pregnant but who knows now😁I am feeling lucky now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts