The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so you guys know we have been looking for our dream farm for quite some time now. Well we could use all the prayers and positive thought we can get right now. We just got a counter offer on our dream farm and we are hoping we can get the details worked out soon. I am tempted to post pictures but don't want to jinx it just yet.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

We need to get them to agree to a longer closing period since the type of loan we are using requires a little more processing time then a normal conventional loan. I am head over hills in love with this place, but it is going to be a bit of a drive to town (a little over an hour).

I have my hopes up and really want it to work out.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately but between the farm search, farm work and crafts I have been a little bit busy.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I could have written your post myself! We just accepted a sellers counter offer this morning as well on a farm and are really really hoping to get things rolling with the loan. I am soo worried! We also can't do a conventional. Funny I thought about posting pics of the place on here too, but didn't want to jinx myself either lol!
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys!!!! Thanks for all the well wishes because we just found out they accepted our response to their counter!!!!! :cool::leap::clap::sun::stars::wahoo::shades:
Ok so we are in the process of scheduling the home inspection now. I still don't want to jinx it because things could still throw it out, but I have high hopes since we made it this far. This is the 3rd farm we have placed a bid on but the first one that has been accepted so I feel this may just be the one! It is in a gated farm subdivision and backs up to a wild life management area too! The original had goats but the current owners didn't so it's been about 7 years since any critters have been on the land. I am dying to post pictures but maybe I should at least wait until we get past the inspection. . .

I could have written your post myself! We just accepted a sellers counter offer this morning as well on a farm and are really really hoping to get things rolling with the loan. I am soo worried! We also can't do a conventional. Funny I thought about posting pics of the place on here too, but didn't want to jinx myself either lol!
Good luck to you!
Maggie, congrats and I hope everything goes through on your farm too! :D I know how hard it can be. The first one we put in on we got outbid since 4 people put in on the same day. The second was an estate that once we offered the family decided they weren't ready to sale just yet. Now this is our dream farm and it may actually come true! I don't want to jinx it for either of us but when your's goes through (positive thoughts) I would love to see pictures.

When I do get to post pictures without a fear of jinxing understand that the barn currently has random stuff stored in there and the stalls had been taken apart for storage. So I will need to rebuild 5 stalls and set up a milk parlor.

I really don't think I have ever been this happy before. . . :cool: :shades:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Thank you! Glad you found your dream place too. I guess those first farms just weren't quite meant to be!
Its very exciting, yet very scary getting a place!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Glad you found your dream place too. I guess those first farms just weren't quite meant to be!
Its very exciting, yet very scary getting a place!
Thank you! We are so happy right now. I am going to go furniture window shopping tomorrow to pick out a new couch so if things go as planned then I know what to get. Mind you we still have the very first couch that my parents had handmade for them back in the 70's, so we are due a new one as this one is finally giving up the ghost. It is scary and sad all at the same time. We have needed our own farm for awhile but I hate to see certain things go (like old faithful. . . maybe I should just get the springs redone instead).

I really think the first two were not meant to be. The second one was really too close to the road for my comfort but was a very nice place.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Oh wow , its nail biting time !! Im so happy your offer got accepted , how awesome !! Inspections can be just as stressful , Im sending prayers up for a good report and the green light to go ahead :pray::pray::pray::pray:
But I am going to say congrats anyways :fireworks::wahoo:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trickyroo: Thank you. It is already getting stressful on loan side. My hubby's work still does hard copy checks and doesn't seem to know what electronic deposit is, so we have already heard requests for copies of all of his cleared pay role checks for the last 3 months.

Oh and the window shopping for a couch turned into a bringing home a new living room set. Believe it or not I got these at Big Lots for less then what another store wanted for just a couch! Oh and they are made in the USA! Big Bonus but we are pretty good about tracking down as much made in the USA stuff as possible.

Attached are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I know about all those copies , believe me , I went through that when I was married to my first husband , it was crazy but we got through it and so will you :)
Nice couch ! I like the colors too , Im a neutral kind of person myself ;)
Those pillows are awesome , lol Made in the good ol' USA , cant go wrong
there :cool: Enjoy your shopping , its so much fun :D

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you and thank you! I love neutral colors and anything wood (more light natural colored or cedar on the wood shades though)! Funny thing is I keep the couch covered most of the time unless we have guests because of the critters (cats and dog), but the pillows match my couch cover perfect too!!! I think the hubby's papaw is going to make us a wooden porch swing if things all go through. So many things to plan and decide. I really want to make a small indoor riding arena but keep telling myself that can wait cross fencing first toys later. . . Guess I have high hopes!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just saw this thread, and I'm so happy for you! I know you've been wanting this forever and a day. I don't want to jinx you but congrats! :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just saw this thread, and I'm so happy for you! I know you've been wanting this forever and a day. I don't want to jinx you but congrats! :)
Thank you! We have the home inspection schedule for this evening so I have my fingers and toes crossed right now. I don't want to jinx anything but if the inspection goes well I may go ahead and post a picture or two. Then we still have to get through the appraisal and financing. I am already making plans on how to construct my stalls in the current barn and how/where I want to put additions.

I would love to have/build a covered riding area but that is going to take time and money. The land is wonderful goat land (fairly wooded right now) so I would need to clear some trees in order to have a good building spot.

I will keep you guys posted, mainly because I am so excited :p

Thanks again!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yay! Sound like a lot of work and a lot of fun too. I can't wait to hear how it goes, and see pics! :D good luck :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts