The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nigerian has developed a couple of bald spots on her side. No sores or painful looking wounds; skin is very smooth. I did some research and I believe it is mites, although I've never dealt with them before. I'm having trouble finding what the best treatment is.

Any good advice and the names of some medicines that have worked well for you guys would be much appreciated. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would there be a separate treatment for goats? I found Ivomec for Cows and Pigs but I wasn't sure if that was okay for goats. I know some things work for both and some don't.
Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pictures. She wasn't being very cooperative;) But yes, I'm getting very worried. We got her as a baby from a nice little farm, and all the animals were healthy save a goat with an injured leg and such. She has never been very strong or healthy though, and I feel a little lost as what to do to help her.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
82,533 Posts
Maybe she is rubbing on something?
Kinda a weird shape pattern.
Hard to see.

Could be lice, do you see any bugs on her?

Zinc or other mineral deficiencies might be possible.
Does she have loose salts and minerals free choice? If so does, does she lick from them?

Her hair looks course.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's possible. She rubs her neck until there's only course fluff left trying to get the grass on the outside of the fence, and I see her rubbing her sides on the fence too. But it is a weird shape on her sides so I'm not sure. Yes, her coat is pretty course, but I'm going to make a spring order of everything I need very soon, and see if she will go for the loose minerals. I gave her a copper bolus a while ago, she's been wormed, and I see no bugs. My other doe has no coat issues. Over all, she's kind of got me confused!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts