~*~POSSIBLE NAME ADDED pg.2~*~ My New.............

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HollowbeadRanch, Mar 13, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Miniature Jenny!!!!!! Ok.. as some of you may remember... my Dad used to raise Miniature Donkeys and has now switched to Miniature Horse. Anyways, I ALWAYS liked the Miniature Donkeys better than the horses and had been wanting a spotted Miniature Jenny SO BAD! Well Dad comes home the other day and has bought me one!!! AND Hubby said I could have her!!!!!!! :cool: She will be my livestock guardian for my goats (as long as they get along... going to start taking her into the pasture on a lead with them for a few hours every other day and just stand there with her and let her get used to them :greengrin: )! She came with her application for registration and we are working on a name for her right now! It has been raining ALOT here the past few days so I haven't been able to get any good pics of her, BUT I do have the pics that came with her application from when she was a baby (she is 4.5 months old right now :greengrin: ), so I am going to post them so you can see her. AND I will post some up-to-date pics as soon as this rain quits where we can turn her out in the pasture :thumbup: She was born 11/1/2008! Here she is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not the best pics in the world I know... (had to scan them into my computer), but as I said I will get some up-to-date ones posted SOON! Let me know what you think of her :stars: I am SO HAPPY WITH HER!!!!!! :stars:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: My New.............

how cute .....I want one....LOL :greengrin: :love:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Don't let her fool ya - that is my mini - she just doesn't know it yet! LOL! :ROFL:

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

:ROFL: lol... yeah Allison has already got dibs on her foal that won't even be born for another 2.5 years!!! :ROFL:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

too funny :ROFL: :ROFL:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I honestly think that is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. :love:

I can not believe it. I have never seen a mini that young. Congratulations. She is going to be so spoiled I can already tell.

7. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009

how sweet she is :love:

8. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thank you both!! Yes, I just LOVE her!! Hubby is taking a real liking to her as well (which is why he let me have her :ROFL: )! And yes, she will be spoiled in no time :shades: I have got some apples in here that I am going to take to her tomorrow. She got a thorough brushing today! I played with her all morning... :shades:

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Well, I can certainly tell that she'll be a great guard donkey. Any predator that sees her will melt and just fall over due to the absolute cuteness factor! lol!

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Well if Allison gets the first one, then I want the second...5 years from now! :ROFL: I've always loved Donkeys she is SO cute!! :love:

11. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thank you both!!! Yep, she is a real looker! My Dad did an EXCELLENT job picking her out! :leap:

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

SO CUTE! We have a guy that was breeding them for a while up here and he's selling out now, but he had a beautiful little spotted jack baby that would have paired well with your girly! :greengrin: lol Congratulations!

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

:ROFL: :ROFL: That is great.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Brandi when you told me you were getting a mini donkey I didnt expect her to be so cute!

15. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

Congrats! She is quite the find...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L baby!!! :leap:

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

How SWEET! Brandi she is just adorable......and I don't think she'll be one bit spoiled :wink:

17. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thanks so much everyone!!! :leap: I promise to get TONS of new pics of her as soon as it quits raining :wink: She is such a sweetie!!!

18. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota

An adorable donkey AND green grass?! What could be better?!

Congrats! so pretty!

19. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

LOL! Those pics were taken by the previous owner when she was a newborn. But we do have QUITE a bit of green grass right now! My yard actually needs mowing already :doh: AND we have had more ran for the past 4 days! :doh: So the yard will have to be mowed in a week or two!

Thanks for them compliment on my Donkey! Right now we are leaning towards:

HBR Trifecta's Rags to Riches

and we are going to call her Raggedy Ann (Hubby's idea). The way we came up with this name (and it is still subject to change...) is her Sire's name is "something... something... something... Trifecta", so we thought we would go with the racing theme, so it seemed only fit that she would get the name of a filly that has does wanders recently. For those of you that don't know alot about races/championships and such (as far as horses goes..), Rags to Riches was the filly that won the Belmont Stakes (Triple Crown) in 2007. She became only the third filly to WIN the Belmont AND was the first filly to win it since 1905! (in other words... this was a BIG deal!) So we are leaning towards this name for her :greengrin: Let me know what you think!

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Brandi - how could you let Lee talk you out of Darby??? :shrug: I thought we had that in the bag - two votes against one - :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: