Possibly buying our home?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by mistyblue, Sep 4, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Went to pay our rent yesterday and the landlord wants to come talk to us Monday about us buying the house from him. He will owner finance with 10,000 down.

OMG - I just dont know, we love the house, it is 5 minutes from the land we lease, we are next door to wonderful neighbors who raise boer goats, it is the last house on a private road, that only has 3 houses on it.

The downside is the house is only on 1 acre of land instead of the ten we wanted, and the house needs updating, including a new septic system.

This is a scary, scary thing, I am excited but so scared at the same time.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is a great opportunity for sure.....but ...if it isn't what you really want ....then follow your heart......buying a home is a huge expense and takes... a long time to pay off.....So maybe seek a place.... that will better suite your needs....in the long run ...it will be more beneficial..... :wink: :thumbup:

3. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I would hope you don't settle for something that is less than you really need....... you'll regret it in the long run cause once you buy it, you're on the hook. Especially w/an owner financed plan.

Maybe this is fate giving you a "kick" to "get off the pot?" Who knows, maybe your dream home / opportunity will present itself if you're given a - nudge - to look at other options.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    even if it isnt your dream home right now remember you can sell later and purchase or build your dream home on the land you want.

one 1 acre you can do a lot! believe me thats all we have

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    This house has numerous possiblities, we have decided to go ahead and buy this house. If nothing else we can update it and either resell or use it for a rental property.

My biggest concern is that we lease our 21 acres that has the 6 horses and 18 goats on it and what if after we are tied into the house, they decided to sell us the land. We would not be able to afford both right now.

We have decided we cannot continue to wait around for the owners to decided to sell us this land, this is just a chance we will have to take. Besides our neighbor that raises the boer goats and told us that if we do lose the land and as long as her old horse has already passed away she would let us put our horses on her place.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well congrats on all these decisions -- hopefully you dont have to do any moving of the animals too soon adn when teh land becomes available you are able to afford it :thumb:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats on your decision.... :wink: :greengrin: