The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
we banded our three Nigerians about a month ago. All three have had their sacks shrivel up to nothing, and seem to be doing very well. How long till the sacks fall off?

We have one that has torn a little bit between the band and the belly. We noticed it last night, as he was in a little pain (still eating and jumping around through). Is this how they fall off? Should I just blu-kote it and wait?

want to make sure we're not missing something.

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
If it's just a little place with not a lot of blood I'd Blue Kote it and keep an eye on it.

If it's a big tear you may need to take him to the vet if it's bleeding a lot.

He may need an antibiotic shot too.

Don't need an infection in the testes, that's for sure.

By the way, when it does fall off, if you find it keep it for good luck,.much better than a rabbit's foot.

DonnaBelle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch around the base of the -former- sack. there was some redness, and a pin-drop worth of blood, but not gushing or anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just an update: It took a few days, but as of sometime yesterday they fell off with little to no bleeding!

2 more goats to go.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
If it's just a little place with not a lot of blood I'd Blue Kote it and keep an eye on it.

If it's a big tear you may need to take him to the vet if it's bleeding a lot.

He may need an antibiotic shot too.

Don't need an infection in the testes, that's for sure.

By the way, when it does fall off, if you find it keep it for good luck,.much better than a rabbit's foot.

DonnaBelle
toooooooooooo funny...!!! rabbit foot

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
You haven't heard of a rabbit foot being lucky??? :gasp: Whenever I got rabbits by surprise, my friend who already thought we were insane with the conglomeration of animals we have found out by me telling her, "Okay, their feet are considered lucky, they are cute, and they are about the size of a loaf of bread".

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You haven't heard of a rabbit foot being lucky??? :gasp: Whenever I got rabbits by surprise, my friend who already thought we were insane with the conglomeration of animals we have found out by me telling her, "Okay, their feet are considered lucky, they are cute, and they are about the size of a loaf of bread".
Oh I've heard of the lucky rabbits foot but not the lucky testicle sack LOL!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
When you find them you can sew a zipper on them and have a change purse.
So I'm guessing you have quite the collection then!! Lol!

·
1,172 Posts
ROTFLMBO.!!!
How about Lucky Waddles!???
When I cut the waddles off of my babies, I saved them.
Made myself an adorable little key-chain out of them! LoL (seriously!)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
ROTFLMBO.!!!
How about Lucky Waddles!???
When I cut the waddles off of my babies, I saved them.
Made myself an adorable little key-chain out of them! LoL (seriously!)
You may just have to post a photo of that! Lol

·
1,172 Posts
As you wish. :)

ForumRunner_20130608_152525.jpg

Attachments

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
I couldn't carry my wethers' boy bits around ... it would feel like betrayal. If they can't wear them, neither shall I. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts