Post disbudding

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I disbudded Cleo on the 14th. I am just wondering when the horn caps should fall off or when I can tell if I messed up the disbudding and need to redo it :? We sprayed with blue kote after, but I got a nice copper and white ring on one and a white ring on the other so I am pretty sure I got a good burn(no I did not x the bud). The little buds dont seem any bigger, but she is a nubian and I understand their horns grow slowly, especialy does. Any advice? :shrug:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Just keep an eye on it - I usually know within a month if I have to "touch up" of not :wink:

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    OOOOhh I so hope not. as for a touch up. It was bad enough the first time(for me :) )
    Should I try to soak the head to release the caps or whatever they are called? I am thinking that just leavin it alone is the way, but you know guys and wounds gotta poke em or pick at em or else they wont heal right will they :greengrin:

4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I just leave them alone, they'll knock the scabs off eventually, and the horn bud comes off with the scab.

5. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa