The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im making a poster for 4h about caring for a doe while they are pregnant. I was wondering if anyone has ideas? And also, what is Thebes pros to worming your goat in the last month? Is it immunity at is passed down to the kid? Help!!

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
I don't think immunity gets passed down? I would only worm after kidding, if at all. If it gets passed down through the milk so be it. But I'm not a fan of chemicals in any sort of pregnancy, so I would NOT do that.

How long can your poster be? There's a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot of info that can and should be included; or do you just want the basics?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would stick to basics, when to give what meds, stages of gestation, length of gestation, mention things to watch out for, time you might need to get a vet involved. And overall how too maintain health while pregnant to help insure a healthy delivery and healthy kids

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would say that you should include information about the importance of minerals like selenium and copper. These were things that I would have liked to know before my goats kidded. Some of my kids were really selenium deficient.
Katie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts