Posting photos

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by StaceyRosado, Oct 7, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    An easy way to post photos is through http://www.photobucket.com this doesn't add to the site but is only a link.

photbucket is a free photo hosting site so there is not cost to use it.

how to upload pictures

clickon the browse button it should go right to your pictures. Find the folder with the right picture, click "open" then pick your next picture the same way OR just click the upload button on photobucket.

once you have a picture uploaded there will be a URL, TAG and IMG web address under each picture.

The URL will post a link to the picture - preferred by dial up users because then they can choose to look at the picture or not.

the TAG and IMG formats will "show" the picture in the post. It is best to resize the picture before using either of these. (very simple and easy to do)

Resize a picture in photobucket
    Click on “edit†above the thumbnail of the picture

A large view of the picture will come up
    On top of that picture you will see a resize feature – choose the “website/email†option.

You are now ready to post it as a IMG or a HTML TAG.

To post a picture from photobucket.
    Regardless if you resize it or not this is how you post the picture.
    Click on the URL TAG or IMG web address, a little yellow box will come up saying “copiedâ€

Open up a reply or a new thread on goatweb. In the message field (where you type) paste the webaddress. You can paste as many (well almost as many there is a limit but the limit is pretty big) pictures as you like there.

Then click submit and there you are.

Questions??? Ask away.

how to edit/resize photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can also add pictures by using the '"upload file" option.

If the file is bigger then 450X450 pix then it will come up as a file link instead of just apearing in the post - the board does this automatically

Please try to resize your pictures so they aren't so large. This will help all members be able to view your posts easily and enjoy your pictures :D

3. megan

megan New Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Atascadero, CA
    Is there a way to make the pics file size smaller?

4. kccjer

kccjer New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    NW Kansas
    Stacey, my photobucket shows up with a different edit option than your pic. I don't have the options for website. When I resize my photos they come out really small for posting on the board. How do I get them larger like everyone else? Not sure what I'm doing here.

5. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    image-695850021.jpg . This is my boy boots. I call him boots cause he has black feet. Anyone know what kind of goat he is.? He has very long white hair. I have to trim it it grows like crazy!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like some type of fiber goat.

7. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Fiber goat? What's that?

8. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Can you see the picture!

9. kccjer

kccjer New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    NW Kansas
    Fiber goat...have long hair that you shear and use for weaving...to put it simply. And yes your pic came thru

10. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Cashmere and Angora are 2 of the fiber breed types. Don't know enough about them though.

11. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Oh that's really cool. I wonder if I can make money on his hair? Or learn to weave. Thanks for explaining to me. I've owned goats for ten years. I buy them from a friend. But she never really knows what kind of goats they are. I'm not a breeder. Just a lady who loves her kids ;)

12. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I wonder how ya figure out what kind he is?

13. kccjer

kccjer New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    NW Kansas
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fib...tIC4BA&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=642#imgdii=_

try looking at pics and decide which one he most resembles??? I don't think there are too many breeds to choose from...Angora, Cashmere, pygora or nigora (the last 2 are mini's).

No clue how much money there is in selling the fiber. You probably won't get enough off one goat to make it worth selling, but I don't know for sure. You could learn to weave tho....

14. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Thanks. I'm really good at crocheting. I'm gonna look into weaving. ;-)

15. HorsePrerace

HorsePrerace New Member

Jul 25, 2013
    I love his black feet!

16. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    He's beautiful!!! There are goats called silkies with long hair??? I don't know enough either. :/

17. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Thank you. He's such a tough boy too. His whole name is snow boots. His mouth is outlined in black so when he looks at you it looks like he's smiling lol. He's no cashmere cause he doesn't look like them. I'm gonna look up the angora and silkie now. I have to brush him twice a week cause when he starts losing his winter hair it knots up.