posting pics for papa_c

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by alyssa_romine, Oct 26, 2007.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    here are some pictures of papa_c's goats and he would like to know if anyone knows what breed they are.

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007

To me, the white goat looks like a boer cross.
  3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'll have to leave that to other more experienced people about what kind they are but they do look like healthy and happy goaties.
  4. Fainters

Fainters New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Western KY
    The grey and white one looks like it has Toggenburg in it and the brown and black ones look like Nubian crosses to me. I agree that the white one looks like a Boer or Kiko cross.
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    oh papa_c you finally got your goats!!! wonderful.

black one mostcertinaly looks nubian - very pronouced romain nose.

White one - yah a boer cross

gray one - togg/nubian

the others are at least part nubian because of their ears. Hard to really know

but they are beautiful
  6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

they all look like nubian crossed with something else. I would say a togg nubian cross for the gray one, that is where all that long hair is probably coming from. Toggs tend to get shaggier then other breeds. The little white one is probably a saanen nubian cross. The little brown one could be an alpine cross or a kinder. A kinder isa nubian crossed with a pygmy.

7. papa_c

papa_c New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    north central arkansas
    Thanks to all for your opinions. Lady we got them from didn't know the breed but said they were bush goats. Father in law says they are brush goats. Whatever they are they are enjoying themselves as their pasture has several years of growing up wild with lots of blackberry vines, sawbriars, sumac bushes and lots of different saplings low enough for them to nibble on. We are certainly enjoying them.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice looking herd to start with! The gray colored one really stands out. With their ears being floppy the most common breed would be Nubian...but Boers also have floppy ears. Very pretty goaties whatever breed they may be :D
  9. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    They are nice lookin' goats. They look happy and healthy. :D