The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here we go.
My friend bred her ADGA registered Saanen doe to a registered buck, produced a single doeling, whom she sold as registerable because at the time she was still getting her herdname/adga membership worked out. Turns out she got out of goats, and doesn't want to spend the money on getting this doeling under a herdname.
So can she give the person she sold the doeling to all the papers on this doeling, and a bill of sale so they could register her themselves without having a herdname, or tattoo only Mom and Dad's papers and the registration application? :shrug:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: Posting this for a friend, she sold a goat on registerab

I'm unsure of the correct answer, but if the person can't register the doeling it would make sense to me to have the original owner refund a small portion (of course, that depends on the actual sale price, whether or not the buyer looses out because they can't sell the doeling's kids as registered etc.)

·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

She sold the doeling for $150 because she needed to make a quick sale as she was gonna go on a VERY long trip to her Grandmother in CA. This doeling was sold at half of what she was worth.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

best to contact ADGA on how to fill out the papers - They may not be the most friendly on the phone but they usually answer

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts

Yeah, as long as the parents were under your friends name with ADGA then the doelings owner can send in an application and the kid will have The... in front of the herd name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts