Posting this for a friend, she sold a goat on registerable..

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Idahodreamer, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Okay, here we go.
    My friend bred her ADGA registered Saanen doe to a registered buck, produced a single doeling, whom she sold as registerable because at the time she was still getting her herdname/adga membership worked out. Turns out she got out of goats, and doesn't want to spend the money on getting this doeling under a herdname.
    So can she give the person she sold the doeling to all the papers on this doeling, and a bill of sale so they could register her themselves without having a herdname, or tattoo only Mom and Dad's papers and the registration application? :shrug:

2. glenolam

glenolam New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Canterbury, CT
    Re: Posting this for a friend, she sold a goat on registerab

I'm unsure of the correct answer, but if the person can't register the doeling it would make sense to me to have the original owner refund a small portion (of course, that depends on the actual sale price, whether or not the buyer looses out because they can't sell the doeling's kids as registered etc.)

3. Idahodreamer

She sold the doeling for $150 because she needed to make a quick sale as she was gonna go on a VERY long trip to her Grandmother in CA. This doeling was sold at half of what she was worth.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I believe that goat just will get The infront of her name - she can still be registered.

5. Idahodreamer

'Kay, I'll let her know. Thanks.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

best to contact ADGA on how to fill out the papers - They may not be the most friendly on the phone but they usually answer

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Yeah, as long as the parents were under your friends name with ADGA then the doelings owner can send in an application and the kid will have The... in front of the herd name.