The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are making a stew and have a bunch of potato and onion peelings. is it ok to give these to my goats?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Raw potatoes are suppose to be bad for goats so do not give them raw potatoes. Cooked I'm not sure, I don't give my goats food scraps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi, What i have read green potatos are poisonous. & also tomatos are meant to be. I have gave my goats scraps in the past and it didnt hurt them though.. But since I read that, i was never game to feed them scraps again.

Google it.

Take care.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Some say potatos some say potatoes...

I do believe tomatoes and potatoes are members of the nightshade family and the plant itself is poisonous. The fruit/tater isn't poisonous. Of course, don't feed any potatoes with green spots, sprouts or anything that looks... odd.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
babe817 said:
Hi, What i have read green potatos are poisonous. & also tomatos are meant to be. I have gave my goats scraps in the past and it didnt hurt them though.. But since I read that, i was never game to feed them scraps again.

Google it.

Take care.
google doesn't know everything - experience is what I go by.

I have fed mine tomatoes for 12 years, no issues and never read about them being poisonous.

Mine get scraps from everything almost every day in the spring and summer. Makes for very happy goats :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
well... all depends what you read on google... Some scraps would be fine to feed them and make them happy im sure... but others are not..
just make sure your doing what you think is best for your goats..
:wave:

my chickens & ducks get the scraps...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts