The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Mamma Nacho is due today. I put her into the kidding pen.

Which is a dog run, on a cement slab.

It's been two days now. She WON'T pee or poop in the kennel. I keep going out there and taking her to the toilet and as soon as I take her out she pees and poops.

So do I have to worry about her holding it? She's a feral goat. So she's not used to concrete maybe?

I worry about her holding it. And causing her a bladder issue. I've never met a goat that "holds it" before.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
How often are you walking her?

Peggy Sue "holds it" while she's living inside. As long as I take her to pee every couple hours she is fine. She usually doesn't pee overnight, though she does poop a little. She was fine while she was pregnant.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I bet straw would help :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Hopefully!! :)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
So Mamma Nacho is due today. I put her into the kidding pen.

Which is a dog run, on a cement slab.

It's been two days now. She WON'T pee or poop in the kennel. I keep going out there and taking her to the toilet and as soon as I take her out she pees and poops.

So do I have to worry about her holding it? She's a feral goat. So she's not used to concrete maybe?

I worry about her holding it. And causing her a bladder issue. I've never met a goat that "holds it" before.
How about throwing some dirt and leaf litter in the kennel to simulate the yard? It can be easily swept out when she kids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts