Potty Training?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by MadCatX, Feb 16, 2018.

1. MadCatX

MadCatX Active Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Has anyone fully potty trained their pygmy or Nigi goats?

The peeing we can get but they stay outside because of the terd pellets they seem to just drop them at their leisure...ground...flooring in shed..on me lol.

2. Lstein

Lstein Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    North Dakota
    It's pretty hard if not impossible to poop potty train. I don't think they have much control over it. :(

3. MadCatX

MadCatX Active Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Thats what I thought, that its sort of a reflex.

4. lifesabtchlearn2deal

lifesabtchlearn2deal Active Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I was able to potty train one of my pygmies up until he was 3 months old. At that point he was outside. I've only had luck when they're really young and on the bottle. The trick was to take them outside every hour during the day and have their own bed for at night or keep them in my arms where is wake up when they did to take them outside.

MadCatX likes this.
  5. Aprilszoo

Aprilszoo Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Sounds like you were the one who was trained, lol....:D

MadCatX likes this.
  6. lifesabtchlearn2deal

lifesabtchlearn2deal Active Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Lol not really. Most goats potty atleast 5 times in an hour. Poop or pee or both lol he would hold it until the hour

MadCatX likes this.
  7. Maureen Harmon

Maureen Harmon Active Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Peru, NY
    Ours will pee consistently on a puppy pad, but the pellets fall where they may! My wethered pygmy will pee on the arm of the couch if he’s in a “mood”. Pretty sure we have stock in Shop Vacs these days.

8. MadCatX

MadCatX Active Member

Jan 16, 2018
    LOL - Awesome. Ill pee here because Im mad at you momma lol.

Maureen Harmon likes this.
  9. Deborah Haney

Deborah Haney Active Member

Jul 11, 2017
    I had my nigi potty trained when he was living in the house. He would sleep on my bed, get up in the middle of the night, go to the puppy pad in his crate, pee, and get back in bed. We never got poops down, though. I did see a video of someone's potty trained doelings. They had taught them to pee and (most of the time) poo in a box in their shelter to reduce clean up.