The Goat Spot Forum banner

practical knots and rope work

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  goathiker 
Great info & great video.

Glad to hear that someone got some use out of the video. Hope you can put some of it into practice. Sometimes I also use flat nylon webbing since it's not quite as bulky. The same knots will work in webbing. Let me know if you come up with a good system; I'm always up for new ideas.
I see this is what you used in your video. Any recommendations of what kind & where to get it? Also yours looks to be 1" correct?

Thx...

TOU

After 1/2 an hour on that high line my goats would have those particular knots so tight you would spend hours picking them apart, plus forest service would have a complete melt down over you strangling the trees. There's a much easier way that doesn't add weight.
I don't have a way to make a video but, I could take some pics if you're interested.
Sure, that would be great...more options & input is always better. :grin:

After 1/2 an hour on that high line my goats would have those particular knots so tight you would spend hours picking them apart, plus forest service would have a complete melt down over you strangling the trees. There's a much easier way that doesn't add weight.
I don't have a way to make a video but, I could take some pics if you're interested.
Sure, that would be great...more options & input is always better. :grin:
Any update on the pictures? :worried:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.