Prayer for a friend please!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by eliya, Oct 26, 2010.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

I just wanted to ask for prayer for a good friend of mine, Ben Buskohl. Last Thursday Ben, who had a commercial goat dairy, lost his barn and almost all of his animals to a fire. Only 5 of his 80-100 goats (mostly Nubians and Nubian crosses) survived. Ben is in his 60's doesn't have any family and is not real well physically. The goats were his life. He had just purchased a milking machine as his hands finally told him he could NOT milk 35-40 does 2x per day by hand any more. He spent about 16-18 hours a day in the barn. We don't know what caused the fire yet. Ben was in the hospital for the night after the fire because of smoke inhalation but seemed to recover from that alright.
    I talked with him on Friday night and cried plenty. He was doing o.k. at that point but is now very sick. The stress was/is just too much for his body. Poor man kept saying 'It's all gone Eliya, it's all gone!' He told me about the two sets of triplets (one with all doelings) that were born the day before the fire, the 18 kids that were born since Oct 1st and all died in the fire, about the 4 year old little boy and his 22 yr old dad who owned a number of the goats that were lost in the fire and how there is nothing left of all 30 years of careful breeding (besides 2 cull bucks and 3 cull does that were out of the barn because they were going to leave soon). He broke up pretty good when he told me about having 6 or 7 generations of home-bred 'V+' and 'E' goats and how he'll never be able to have that again as he doesn't have that many years left. I am also hoping that we can find some of the goats he has sold so he can have some of his old bloodlines back. I know it won't be the same but he needs to have at least some goats again.
    Please pray that he will be o.k. physically and that he would have peace about what to do now.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow Eliya how heart wrenching I am so sorry :( :tears:

I hope you can find some of those bloodlines with him to give him a sense of having a bit of his herd back. WOW what a blow :(

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh wow, how terrible I cannot even imagine what he's going through. :hug:

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    How devastating :( --I will keep him in my thoughts!

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Bless that man's heart...how heartbreaking. I am so very sorry and will say a little prayer for him :pray: .......It's wonderful that he has you as a good friend to be there for him through this tragic ordeal.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is so terribly sad. I wish that there was something that I could do - I will keep him in my prayers. What was his herd name?

7. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

8. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :tears: Prayers sent his way. If you are on facebook go to angel goats and post this. Plenty of folks would pray. I found the link on Kenny the social climbing goats page. It has been wonderful.

Gina

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Prayers sent that way... :hug: :pray:

10. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Angel Goats want's to know what his farm name is.

11. eliya

eliya New Member

Thank you everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here! His farm name is Les Serrettes.

12. eliya

eliya New Member

Oh and I did look for Angel goats on Facebook but couldn't find it.

13. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    How terrible!! :tears: My grandparents barn burned almost two months ago now...lost their chickens, goat, and horse. That was bad enough. I couldn't fathom losing everything.

I will certainly pray for him. I really hope you can get some of his bloodlines back.

14. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Oh my! Heartbreaking... such a horrible thing to happen to begin with but given his age and not having much family support. It makes me wish I had one of his goats to gift back to him.

15. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Look up Kenny the social climbing goat. He has it listed under likes I think. You can also friend me. Kristinn Klug [email protected]

If you friend me today before say 4:45 I'll try to get you in contact. I posted a brief note about him. Maybe they can help. If you don't hear from me I 'll be back on on Monday.

Gina

16. eliya

eliya New Member

Thank you! Found and added you and then found and 'liked' Goat Angels. Thanks for mentioning Ben on there, I'll post more info for them.