PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE(UPDATE)

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Apr 2, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    We have a VERY dear friend (Scott) and his wife (Debbie). well over the years we have gotten to be VERY close wit Scot's mom and Step dad, they have treated my kids like their own Grand Kids and my Hubby and I like their kids.
    Well we learned last week the Jay has inoperable Melanoma cancer. He had some spots removed last year and they said they had it all. Well this year he went for a check up and found out that it has spread to the liver, heart and eyes. They have only given him 3-6 months to live and if they do a very invasive chemo treatment they might be able to prolong his life a little longer.

Well the chemo and all was to start next week, but last night he could not breath and they called the Dr, and he had to get right to the hospital (it is a cancer hospital in Denver). They got 1-1/2 liters of fluid out of his lungs. He really really needs prayers and so does his wonderful wife Marilyn.

Thank you so much. :pray: :pray:

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Re: PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE

:pray: :pray: :pray:

3. LouLou

LouLou New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Wellington, CO

you got it! :pray:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I will think about you all!!!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I will pray........ :pray: :pray: :pray:

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

:hug: Prayers being sent :pray:

7. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa

I will pray for Scott and his family

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Prayers sent, a terminal disease is so very hard to deal with and no matter how long you know you have with a loved one, there is never enough time to tell them you love them. I pray that your loved ones know that they are not alone and that they have the strength and power of prayer to get them through.

I know how hard this is first hand. :hug:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Lori I am so sorry you are going through this. :hug: Prayers sent for him

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Lori - I'm so sorry for this devastating news. I'll be praying for him and his family (and yours) that he will be in peace and not in pain with whatever happens. :hug:

11. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri

I'm so sorry and will but everyone in my prayers. My FIL went through this as well and I know how this must be for you and your family. :hug:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I can not thank you enough. I know how powerful prayer can be ans withe this group of people, hey how can he not listen to us, Right?

Thanks so very much.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your so welcome Lori... :hug: ..It is amazing ......with the power of prayer..... :pray:

14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Prayers being sent their way. :pray: :pray:

I know how that feels. Someone that is close to me had that in one of their eyes. Luckily they caught and stopped it in time.

I will be keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. :pray:

15. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009

Oh Lori I am so very sorry. I will also lift your friends up in prayer. Blessings your way.....

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

He had his first round of Chemo and is now out of the hospital and will start radiation on his eye.

They prayers are working, he is doing well.

Thank You He still has a tough fight in front of him.

17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Good, you've got a fighter there... :pray: :pray:

18. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

:pray: :pray: may keep it up

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE (UPDATE)

Not good.

We received a call and he was watching the Rockies Baseball game on Sunday with his lovely wife when he seized. Marilyn called 911 and they flight for life him to the closest hospital. He has not woke yet. They are trying to wake him up just so Marilyn can say good Bye. They have a breathing tube in and that is all that si keeping him alive for now. He has a DNR after 72 hours, so tonight will be 48 hours.

He told us he would be at my daughters graduation because he had to see his other Grand daughter graduate. He has been like a Grand father to my kids and like a father to us.

He was told he had 3-6 months and it looks like he will loose the battle this week and it has only been a month. I just ask if you would pray for his lovely wife Marylin and the family. It happened so darn fast.

I am having a really hard time with this also. He was such a godly person, so I know I will see him again someday.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I will pray for his wife Marylin ...the family... and for him...........I am so sorry ...it is so sad.. :( ..and heart breaking..... :tears: :hug: :pray: