The Goat Spot Forum banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I lost a friend to cancer last year and now a very close friend is going through it. It's particularly devastating for those who are still young with much life that should still be ahead of them. And for their families. All are in my prayers.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
4,911 Posts
Prayers for your friend and all their loved ones. :pray:

·
goat nut
316 Posts
Please pray for my best friend, her mom, and their two horses who were in an auto accident on Thursday. They were on their way home from a trail ride when they got sideswiped into a guard rail. My friend and her mom are sore but otherwise fine...it's the horses I'm still worried about. They have numerous cuts, punctures, lacerations, and swelling on their faces. One of the mares had to get stitches on her face and to fix a split on the top of her ear. They both are obviously sore on their bodies from the impact of hitting the inside of the trailer. Overall, they seem ok but really sore.

The vets are going to do blood tests in 10 days to verify that the horses don't have signs of internal bleeding, since their levels were a bit low when they checked at the clinic. Please pray that the horses are ok and that they won't colic from the stress. Also pray that their injuries will heal up nicely...and that my friend's mare won't lose the tip of her ear.

·
4,911 Posts
Prayers. I'm glad your friend and her mom are okay.

·
Administrator
91,329 Posts
Please pray for my best friend, her mom, and their two horses who were in an auto accident on Thursday. They were on their way home from a trail ride when they got sideswiped into a guard rail. My friend and her mom are sore but otherwise fine...it's the horses I'm still worried about. They have numerous cuts, punctures, lacerations, and swelling on their faces. One of the mares had to get stitches on her face and to fix a split on the top of her ear. They both are obviously sore on their bodies from the impact of hitting the inside of the trailer. Overall, they seem ok but really sore.

The vets are going to do blood tests in 10 days to verify that the horses don't have signs of internal bleeding, since their levels were a bit low when they checked at the clinic. Please pray that the horses are ok and that they won't colic from the stress. Also pray that their injuries will heal up nicely...and that my friend's mare won't lose the tip of her ear.
Prayers sent

·
goat nut
316 Posts
Thanks. =)

I saw the horses again a few days ago...they are ok but still very swollen. Some more lumps have come up in the last few days. I think the vet is coming out to check on them. I'm going to call my friend tomorrow and see how things are going.

·
4,911 Posts
Wow! Long journey! I am praying.

·
Adopted by Goats
1,331 Posts
He is also interested in doing web-site design. Although he is very talented at both those things he doesn't have any sort of certification to prove that he knows what he's doing so finding someone who will hire him is very difficult.

I need a web site done and want to do it myself but have had trouble finding the time to learn and do it. I own Dreamweaver. What does your son use and how much does he charge?

He's gone to the temp agencies and done all their clerical testing, but they have never called him with a job. I keep telling him that he needs to call and harass them once a week to find out where they are going to place him the next week, but he never does it. :roll:
A friend of mine worked for a temp agency for over a year and one of those temp jobs eventually turned into a full time job.

Is your son just lazy or is this entire job thing just depressing him? I know it can be tough but being homeless is even tougher. What is really sad is I just saw on the San Antonio news how many are hiring. The news story even said employers are advertising on Craigs List. No matter if he eventually finds a job that makes him leave MI or not, he must take action by networking and doing whatever possible. Since he can do web sites he needs to get a Facebook page (or something) and start advertising his abilities. It does not matter where one lives to do a web site and if he can point folks to sites he has actually done, will that is great advertising.

I suggest Facebook because one young man just opened a shop in the nearest small town to me doing leather work. He is advertising on his facebook page. He already has enough orders to keep him busy tell Dec.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I need prayer for my family. We have lost 3 pepole in our family in the last month. My Aunt she went suddenly we found her dead in her house then my Uncle died of cancer we just found out he had it then he died 3 weeks later then my cousins brother in law died of a broken neck. when he fliped his atv.. Know On top of top of that My sister has been having stomach issues and went in for testing and found out something is really wrong possobily cancer they want her to come in asap for further testing .So i would appreciate it if you can keep us into your prayers at night please. My poor mom is at wits end she cant take another tragedy. First his sister then her brother in law know her daughter is sick.

·
Adopted by Goats
1,331 Posts
Tiffany, my heart goes out to you. So sorry to hear of so many losses at once. I will pray for you.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
Edit: wow, didn't realize it was so old!

I've been battling fairly severe anxiety for the past few years. If you guys could pray that I continue to calm down and stay on top of it, that would be much appreciated. :)

241 - 260 of 283 Posts