The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Josh has an eviction hearing tomorrow morning at 9.

He still hasn't got our store web-site up and running cuz his computer crashed last Saturday and he's been working on getting all his software re-installed ever since then. Consequently he hasn't been paid for that yet. So he's got no money to take to the hearing with him.

He has not been job hunting in a couple of weeks, so he doesn't even have any prospects to tell his landlord about. It's really hard watching him crash and burn, but there is absolutely nothing I can do anymore to help him other than encourage him to get a job, any job, just so he can earn a paycheck.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
OH Pam I feel so bad for you.

Lori how is your dad doing? (as to the double posts don't worry about it - it is a server issue, if i see one I will delete the double :D).

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Thanks Stacey and everyone. My dad is doing better. He had to have 5 staples in his head for the cut. He was working on the computer and he (I believe had a stroke), and fell hard into the computer. Wow they are dangerous. He has a cat scan and now he is home taking it easy for now.
Thanks for your prayers. They really helped. God bless you all.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Well, It has been a very trying week. I received a email from a friend that a gentleman that is very big in our Estes Park Wool Market, with the Cashmere and the sheep part passed away on Monday Morning. It is just not going to be the same at that show. Last year he came up to me at the end of the show, and put his arm around me as said "well, Lori we made it another year, I am already looking forward to seeing you next year." He would and I am sure he said that to EVERYONE that he would come in contact with, because he was that type of guy. It just breaks my heart. He was so in Love with my Liz that I lost in August from old age and cancer. the Funeral is Tomorrow and I can not go because we will be out of town. My husbands football team made the State playoffs, and I have to drive all the equipment 4 hours away, along with all the kids personal luggage. (we are staying the night because of the drive time). So you see, I can not go, and I feel so bad. I would really like to say good bye to Clyde Vair. :(( I will sure miss him and the fiber world sure has lost a wonderful man.

Ok, Like that is not enough, last night I received a call from a lady that my daughter and I took care of their goats. We have been trimming their feet, doing CDT, deworm when needed, and help take care of the barn because they had miniature horses. Well Jerry passed away on Wednesday early morning. He has been pretty sick, but he was still taking care of his 92 year old mother. Well, she passed away on Saturday the 27th, and I really do believe he was waiting for her, and then he passed 4 days after her.

All I can say is I am leaving in a few minutes, for the football trip, (It is exciting but why does it all have to happen now?). Please keep us in your prayers. I am a little worried about the drive JUST because of all the things that have happened in this week. :pray:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY FOR MY DAD, AGAIN. :pray:

I just received a call from my step mother. My dad fell again and they believe that he had a massive stroke.
If you read the post above this, you cansee that I can not take it any more.
I have had way to many deaths in the last week, I can not take it if something happens to my dad. I was getting ready to leave for a funeral when I received the call about my dad, so I am on my way to the hospital.

No only the two deaths last week, a friends goat died in my arms on Sunday, and my best friends uncle died on Sunday also.

Thank you all, I know the power of prayer, and if anyone can do it it is all you goat people.
Than You :pray: :pray:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lori I am sorry to here about your dad.Prayers coming your way. I know that you are having a hard time right now. Hang in there we are right beside you. Holding your hand in God's Spirit. He sees your distress. He has you in his arms holding you tight. I know what it is like the have older parents. Mine are also in their 70's. I say a prayer for them ever night. I will also keep you family in my prayers to give you comfort no matter what the outcome is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lori I am sorry to here about your dad.Prayers coming your way. I know that you are having a hard time right now. Hang in there we are right beside you. Holding your hand in God's Spirit. He sees your distress. He has you in his arms holding you tight. I know what it is like the have older parents. Mine are also in their 70's. I say a prayer for them ever night. I will also keep you family in my prayers to give you comfort no matter what the outcome is.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Thank You so much. You made me cry reading your comment. i really appreciate you being there. It has been a really had week.
He did not know who he or anyone else was for a long time. By the time I left tonight 8:30, he was doing better. I am going to take tomorrow off and spend the day in the hospital with him. I am so lucky that I have a great boss. HE said take off as much time as I need.
HE still needs the prayers, so I would really appreciate all that can be given. Thank you so much Cornishwlr

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Lori, I'm praying for you and your dad, too.

Our Heavenly Father, God of all comfort, you know how much loss and sorrow Lori has suffered recently. Give her the peace and strength that she needs and hold her in you comforting arms. Touch her father with your healing power. Thank you. Amen

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am glad to hear that he is doing better. My mom had a stroke 2 1/2 years ago. I know what you are going through. We will be hold your family up to God in prayer for healing and strength in this time of need. I don't get to check the web often but can pray every day will check in later to see how all is going.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Pam B, and cornishwlr, I just want to thank you for your prayers. yesterday I was at the Hospital all day with him. His blood pressure was 86/42. Yep that is what I meant. It was way low, but one nurse didn't seem to worried about it, well the Doc came in and said NO WAY are you going home. Well it did come up today and they are letting him go home, but now they are going to have to put in a pace maker, So all is well for now.
I just want to that the two of you for your prayers and concerns, it means the world to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank God that he is improving. Let us know when he is to have surgery. Will continue to pray for your family and friends.

Pam how is your son doing. I hope that everything is working out for him. I have been keeping your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update on Josh

I haven't been here for almost two weeks because things have been so insanely crazy with breeding my goats, dealing with Josh, having the IRS decide to "check up" on our family business, and the start of Deer Hunting season. Things have happened with Josh that give me hope that he's finally going to get the help that he needs, but we're not quite there yet.

Back on Friday, Nov 9th, I got a call from Josh's landlord (I was expecting it) saying that he was on his way over to the apt with the police to haul Josh out, confiscate his belongings (which is illegal), and change the locks. So instead of taking Josh on a job application trip to a new business that is opening up on the north side of town I spent the morning helping him load his stuff into my truck and stopped in at the Community Action Agency to see his counselor there and the Salvation Army to see if they had a place for him to spend the weekend. His counselor at CAA told him that if he had come to her BEFORE things had reached this point they could have paid his back rent and kept him from getting evicted. She gave him some paperwork to fill out to apply for rent assistance and told us that he definitely qualifies. She also forced him to make an appointment with the Dept of Human Services to be evaluated for disability. The Salvation Army was closed when we got there and wouldn't reopen until Monday. So, much against my husband's wishes, I let Josh spend the weekend sleeping on our sofa.

Monday I sent Josh into town to get a voucher from the SA for three nights stay at a shelter so he would have a roof over his head until he could get the rest of his paperwork filled out. While he was in town his landlords wife called me to tell me that they HADN'T had the police out to Josh's apt yet, and that they really didn't want him to leave, but they had to have the rent. I told her what the CAA counselor had told us and she agreed to wait until Tues to hear from the counselor with proof that Josh's rent actually would be paid. So Josh is back in his apt and his rent will be paid by CAA for a while until he can finish his disability evaluation. I still don't know if the OCD/Hoarding stuff actually qualifies him for disability, but hopefully we'll soon find out.

During all this time Josh also got a nasty cold from the school kids he works with on announcing athletic events. He had laryngitis so bad that he couldn't talk at all by Friday. I haven't talked to him since Saturday so I don't know how he's doing or what his status is with CAA and DHS. I'm going to call him tonight and find out what's going on.

I appreciate your continued prayers as we continue to deal with this.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Pam, you poor dear. I am exhausted just reading everything that you and your son have gone threw.
I sure hope you all get a answer soon, lord knows you all need one.
I will be keeping you in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
cornishwlr, How is your daughter doing? I have thought about her and I thought I better find out. I hope she realizes that the Lord will NEVER give you more then you can handle. He knew that this time of sorrow, will make she a stronger person.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I am so sorry Pam. We are going through our own disability problems as well, and will have to declare bankruptcy and will lose our house as well. I just have to remember that everything is in God's hands.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I really feel for you Chelsey!!! One of my husband's biggest fears when things get bad at our store is that we will lose our farm. I have told him since day one that as long as I have him to share life with I don't care if we live in a tent in the woods somewhere. But I would definitely miss having my goaties to love on if we didn't have this place. Of course if we were living off the land I could do like they did in olden days and just let my goats roam the countryside. Unfortunately there aren't any more places where you can just move your wagon and set up a homestead claim any more. =(

You'll be in my prayers.

21 - 40 of 273 Posts