The Goat Spot Forum banner
81 - 100 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
please pray

a very old gentleman in our church, who is very very close to me, has just been told he has a brain tumour and just days to live. i am very miserable :cry:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Katherine, I am so sorry to hear the news about your Grand Father. Prayers are sure on the way for you and the family. Hugs also :hug: :hug:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thank you so much Lori. It means so much! This is especially hard right now on my grandma. She has cared for him for 11 years, ever since he had cardiac arrest. He survived that but was never the same. He had trouble talking and stuff like that.
About two months ago he was diagnosed with cancer, and he was up all night last night I guess having trouble breathing. There was not enough oxygen getting into his blood.

So thank you so much everyone. For me, this is really the first person that was a family member and close to me that I have lost. So it is really confusing, and I still don't think it has sunk in yet. It feels like he is still alive.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Katherine, I am so sorry. It sounds like it was time. I am sure you and the family would rather your Grand dad be at piece rather then suffer and really not be able to breath, and just struggle.
It is always hard to lose ANYONE no matter who it is, but it is really hard to lose family that close. Just remember that the lord has him with him and he is now pain free and looking out for you. Just always remember those great times you had wit him.
Are you in the same town as your Grand Mother? Does she live close? Be there and just enjoy the memories and do not be afraid to talk about him I am sure she will love to know what he meant to you.

HUG again to the family :grouphug:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thank you so much, both of you.

Yes, I am so glad he can be with the lord, not suffering. He never complained of being in pain, but you just know that what he was going through was not easy.
My Grandma lives an hour away from us unfortunately. My mom went to stay with her today and tonight, and I am hoping I can see her soon too.

Thanks so much! Your prayers and hugs mean so, so much to me.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
awe Katherine!!! ((((HUGS)))) to you, I know your pain and I am praying for you. Maybe you could call up your grandmother and just talk if you need to. The thing about death is sometimes we dont' want to talk about the person or the fact that life has to move on without them but by talking together maybe you both can heal just a little at a time.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thank you so much Stacey! Prayer is such a powerful thing. I am doing OK, but I am not sure how things are in Madison right now. Mom and Grandma were going to the funeral home to get things sorted out. I know that they are probably having a really hard time.
That is a good idea. Maybe I will do that. Probably not tonight, because I know they are out and about getting things straightened up. But maybe tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
WOW, I just had a friend come to me almost in tears. She asked if I would pray for her. She had a mammogram and they found something on it.
She is so worried, everyone in the family (female) over the age of 35 have had cancer. Her cousin died from Breast cancer at the age of 35.
She will be going to the Dr. on Thursday. Her name is Merna. Please if you would pray for the test to of found anything but cancer,

I told her that I would tell you all about her and I told her how the power of this groups prayers does wonders. She started to cry again. :tear: :tear:

Thanks so much

81 - 100 of 273 Posts