The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of you have heard about the Black Forest Fire that has been raging since Tuesday. I pray for anyone that's in that area. It's a ways from us (we're in Calhan), but I know a lot of goat and horse friends up in that area. It's incredibly heartbreaking to watch the homes go up in flames on the news. It's a big horse area, people have been turning countless horses loose and some people haven't been able to get home from work in time, and by the time they're home police won't let them in, and they are forced to leave their horses/animals locked up where they have no escape. I couldn't even begin to imagine how heartbreaking that would be. I'd loose any belonging in our house to get the animals out. No object or picture is as improtant or valueable as a life.

Since we don't have a lot of extra room at our house to take in evacuated animals, we have given a donation to the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak region who is doing all they can to save livestock and pets. If you are interested in donating too here is the link. I am sure the critters would sure thank you :) https://www.hsppr.org/DisasterDonation?srctid=1&erid=4196158&trid=6fbcc879-c166-40eb-89b2-f30b0e33b5f0

Attachments

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
OMG Riley , that is so heartbreaking ! :(
Prayers for all affected by the fire and for the brave firefighters who are fighting it ! Colorado is in my prayers

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Prayers for all in the area. Including my family and friends who live there in CO. How scary, again, prayers for all!

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,019 Posts
Prayers...

·
8,371 Posts
I think if people want to get home to save their animals, it should be their choice! If they know all the risks and are willing,
law enforcement should let them through. Just my opinion. Prayers sent to all those touched by that fire. (and looking into donations)

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So far 360 homes have been burned.
Me and my mom are headed up to Larkspur this morning (about an hour north of us) to pick up some hay some wonderful folks have generously donated for the livestock that has been evacuated. They also bought two does from us a couple weeks ago so I'll get to drop in and give a kiss to my girls :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
We just got official word this morning that our home has been reduced to ash. It is completely unrecognizable. We live off of Shoup and Vollmer which was in the middle of the worst part of the fire. My family is safe and all of my animals, goats included, are safe. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
We just got official word this morning that our home has been reduced to ash. It is completely unrecognizable. We live off of Shoup and Vollmer which was in the middle of the worst part of the fire. My family is safe and all of my animals, goats included, are safe. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.
Oh I'm so sorry :hug:

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
So sorry.. :( :hug: prayers do you and your family.. Glad to hear you all (animals included) got out safely!

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Is there anything you guys need? I would be willing to help. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer here. I'm truly sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I think if people want to get home to save their animals, it should be their choice! If they know all the risks and are willing,
law enforcement should let them through. Just my opinion. Prayers sent to all those touched by that fire. (and looking into donations)
I feel the same way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts