Prayers for Captian Jack

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by StaceyRosado, Mar 4, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    My sister called me this morning to tell me that her cat (well her hubby's cat) Jack was vomitting and peeing blood everywhere. THey took him to the animal hospital and the hospital has theories but said to take him to the vet for extra testing and such (seems weird to me that they released him but they are more emergencies then long time care which I guess they figure he will need).

THere has been words of possible surgeries and she isn't sure what this is all going to cost etc.

Jack is VERY special to Charlie her husband and just pray it is a simple infection and that he is back to his normal self in no time.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sounds like he might have a severe bladder infection and possible stones. I hope that they are able to find out exactly what is going on and be able to treat him. Good Luck

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    On the list, Stacey- I hope he is already on the road to recovery.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yah that is what my sister mentioned that they said, but of course they don't know until they get him to the vet, appointment is at 4:45pm today (right after work for her) so they shoudl know more by tonight.

5. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
  6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my sister called, asked me to pick him up and bring him to her work for her.......so I will probably do that, so that she can get him to his apointment on time (dentist office is running behind).

I may even get some pictures of the handsome fellow for you all to see

7. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    How did it go Stacey?

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I was just about to ask the same thing??

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Sister called, said he has an enlarged bladder but that could be a number of things.

They do believe he has a urinary tract infection (enlarged bladder is one of the signs) and they gave her antibiotics and a urniary test to take in 10 days.

So hopefully this is all it is, and Jack can be a happy kitty