Prayers for Fort Hood, Texas

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by cdtrum, Nov 5, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Please pray for the men and women and families of Fort Hood, TX after todays shootings....this hits too close to home for me as this is where my son-in-law is based for now, although he is in Iraq serving for the year.......he just happens to be back here on leave with my daughter at Fort Lewis, WA. as she is about to give birth to their first baby! She went into labor this morning and the both of them are at home awaiting for the right time to head to the hospital as they are also glued to the T.V. this afternoon watching what is going on in Texas....I have learned with having 2 kids in the military that they are one big family and when something happens to any of them, they are all effected emotionally.
    GOD BLESS our Military families.......Denise

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Prayers sent!

My goodness, I had no idea that this happened! :shocked:

Congrats on the impending arrival of your grand baby!

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It was just announced on Fox that a Officer in the Army committed these horrible acts....so, so sad.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is awful.. :( ..I am praying for them.... :pray:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    been watching FOX news -- very horrific :tears:

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    This sucks! Seems that no place is safe these days. My heart goes out to all individuals and families involved. :grouphug:

7. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
    May the Lord bless them and keep them.

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Early on I was praying it wasn't a military man responsible, just terrible. My prayers for the injured and families of all. :pray: :pray:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    death toll is up to 13 -- praying there are no more casualties

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh I have been praying for them. I guess the gunman was found alive. I never realized they could have a gun on base. My son is in the Air Force and they are not aloud to have them.

What a shame all this happened. I sure hope they can heal fast from this horrific event.

Denise, Congratulations on being a Grand Ma soon. How exciting for you, and than the lord your son and DIL were not there.

We are going to need a update on the Grand baby.

11. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    This is so sad, It was a VERY tense few hours for me as my brother is there at Ft Hood. He was in Iraq twice and became a SGT. I kept texting him and could see he was even checking the texts. Sad part is ( if any of you remember I posted about this before) since returning home after his second tour of duty he is a very changed man( although I still see him as my little brother). He used to be such a happy go lucky guy, reminded everyone of "Jim Carrey" as he was ALWAYS making people laugh, even just telling something simple he would have you in stiches, anyway we rarely hear anything from him. And even when my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and had to have several surgeries he didn't come home or call even though he was told. So the sad part was, we all said- whos the shooter. He has been told he has severe PTSD but theres not much we can do. I know he saw sooo many of his buddies killed, one guy was even killed in the seat that was meant to be my brothers. Anyway I pray for all the familes, and just hate that it was one of ours/

12. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Dobe627.......so sorry to hear about your brother and yes, war does change them a bit......my daughter (Army Medical Unit) was in Iraq for a year right after the war started and saw way more than any young woman her age should see and it did change her a bit.....she was very close to the family before going over there and then when she came home she was a bit distant, enough time has passed (3yrs) and she is starting to get back to herself......her husband is now serving there for his 3rd time, but fortunately he is in a job that doesn't see the horrors of the war. She gave birth to their first child today....a son!
    I will say a prayer for your brother, Denise