The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Continued prayers needed dad does not appear to be doing. well. I am in surgery waiting on my mobile. He was in recovery and is now back in surgery and the nurse will not explain why she says she is leaving that for the doctor to explain.

· I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
4,914 Posts
Prayers. :pray:

· Super Moderator
36,692 Posts
ditto!!! good thoughts and Prayers sent...

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update... It has been a VERY long day. Dad had to have two surgeries due to a doctor's error. The doctor went in the wrong kidney first. Hospital administration sent the vice presidents of surgeries to talk to us and she gave my mom all kinds of numbers and a card and says mom will be contacted further on this matter. Dad is out of surgery and they were able to get the stone. He is in a ton of pain, and have some other difficulties related to the surgery that I won't go into but basically they could be normal or could be serious depending on how long they persist. The doctor said only time will tell whether his not being able to eat due to pain had anything to do with the kidney stone or whether that is an entirely separate issue. He was able to sit up and eat a popsicle earlier. He is awake and aware and talking to us.
Thank you all for all your prayers and support it really means a lot to me.

15,548 Posts
I am so sorry your dad is in so much pain. Nothing more heartbreaking than seeing someone so dear to you in pain. I pray that he has no other issues, and starts to heal and overcome the pain and discomfort. Hopefully he'll enjoy lots of popsicles in the coming days. I know when any of us are sick other than a cold, popsicles make a big difference ;)

· Super Moderator
36,692 Posts
Im so sorry...how horrible...Ill be praying for him,...I like the idea of popcycles...Green ones...thier the best :p

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
well he can't go so he had to have a catheter, they say only temporarily, I certainly hope so. They are hinting he may get to come home today, so mom is with him right now and I am here letting the goats be out in their day pen and working on home work, house work, and other stuff. If he doesn't get to come home I will go see him this afternoon. I called him this morning and he sounded a lot better and said he felt a lot better. He is able to eat a little now, last night he couldn't eat really anything but popsicles/gelation because his throat hurt so bad from having to be intubated twice for two surgeries in one day.

· I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
4,914 Posts
Oh wow, how rough, but i am glad he is doing better! That nurse who wouldn't talk really scared me...:O

· Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The nurse who wouldn't talk scared us the most. We thought he had crashed on the operating table or something. She wouldn't talk because the doctor made and error the doctor wouldn't talk either because someone from hospital admin had to be called to come in on a holiday weekend to come out with him and talk to us about his error. They were covering their butt because of liability reasons. We just want dad ok. I personally think the doctor should have known which kidney to go in and not go in the wrong one but I am not out for blood or money I just want my dad better.
He is home now, he had to come home with a cath and I am not liking that, I won't really breathe easy til he can go on his own. But he just got home and is sleeping right now in his own bed, so that is something.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.